Windows 10: 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

Discus and support 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenjyDog, Dec 14, 2020.

1. BenjyDog Win User

3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that are side by side and have a separate background for the 3rd monitor. Is this possible in Windows 10? Spanning puts the 1 background across all 3 monitors or I can individually set each monitor to its own background.

Thanks in advance

:)

BenjyDog, Dec 14, 2020

2. (4K DP, 1440p DP, 1200p DVI-D) Triple monitor setup; 2 monitors have the same background when background is set to slideshow shuffle

My setup:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
    • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition, fully updated drivers

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect the monitors as in the title
    2. Set wallpaper background to shuffle in Windows Settings

What happens:

2 of the monitors (always adjacent to each other) have the same background.

What should happen:

All 3 monitors should have different backgrounds.

Anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas?

Judah_Richardson, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Vladimir Win User

2 Monitors Only One Background Picture

Interesting solution

3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds :)

Vladimir, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds - Similar Threads - Monitors backgrounds

2. Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable: Hi Microsoft,So I've been running into a bizarre problem with my iBuyPower computer where everything on Windows 11 loads perfectly fine except for the taskbar, which is invisible. If you click it, the taskbar turns black and tries to load. Sometimes it works, other times it...
  3. Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable: Hi Microsoft,So I've been running into a bizarre problem with my iBuyPower computer where everything on Windows 11 loads perfectly fine except for the taskbar, which is invisible. If you click it, the taskbar turns black and tries to load. Sometimes it works, other times it...
  4. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  5. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  6. How do I extend my background scenery across my 2 monitors

How do I extend my background scenery across my 2 monitors: How do I extend my background scenery across my 2 monutors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-my-background-scenery-across-my-2/63e23239-bd30-4149-a3e7-907a894a0a02
  7. How do I extend my background scenery across my 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend my background scenery across my 2 monitors: How do I extend my background scenery across my 2 monutors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-my-background-scenery-across-my-2/63e23239-bd30-4149-a3e7-907a894a0a02
  8. How can I select a different background for my two monitors on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I select a different background for my two monitors on windows 10?: I would like to have a plain color background on my laptop monitor 1 and have a picture as my background on monitor 2. It won't let me choose the monitor I want to change; it automatically puts the picture on both monitors....
  9. How can I select a different background for my two monitors on windows 10?

How can I select a different background for my two monitors on windows 10?: I would like to have a plain color background on my laptop monitor 1 and have a picture as my background on monitor 2. It won't let me choose the monitor I want to change; it automatically puts the picture on both monitors....
  10. How can I select a different background for my two monitors on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization