Windows 10: 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

Discus and support 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a r9 290 and three 1080p monitors hooked up to it. If I enable GPU decoding in wallpaper engine with all three desktops set to a video wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FuturDreamz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

I have a r9 290 and three 1080p monitors hooked up to it. If I enable GPU decoding in wallpaper engine with all three desktops set to a video wallpaper things get super stutterry (same thing happens if I open three 1080p videos at the same time.)

I'm hoping to upgrade my GPU, but I don't really need the latest and greatest. At what point do GPUs handle three (or more) 1080p video decoding streams at the same time? I can't seem to find any details on that. The price difference between a rx 380 and a rx 390 in Canada is minimal so I'd just get the newer one, but i can't confirm if it will fix that problem?

thanks.

:)

FuturDreamz, Jul 11, 2019

2. Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10

Dave, the two processes apparently hogging all the GPU were desktop windows manager and client server runtime process.

However, when I list them now, after numerous reboots and reinstalls, no apps show up as consuming GPU, yet GPU is at 80-100%. I think this is because the apps are only consuming the 3D component of the GPU and not the others - copy, decode, processing or
    shared memory usage?

I've spent some time on Google and it seems to be a fairly common symptom but none of the suggested solutions are effective.

It doesn't seem to be linked to any significant changes, I even tried uninstalling the most recent windows updates.

Any thoughts?

Zorro Blade, Jul 11, 2019
  3. GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

Now my second monitor isn't even cloned... no signal... windows 10 cannot detect a second monitor and suggests a different GPU... My GPU can support up to 3 monitors... again... ran every diagnostic on my BIOS and GPU know to man. Thank you for your assistance...
    very irritated by this simple problem.

RolandNordin, Jul 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

1. 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU? - Similar Threads - monitors Wallpaper Engine

2. New GPU - No signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New GPU - No signal to monitor.: So a few weeks ago my GTX 550 Ti got faulty and wont do anything intensive so I decided to buy an RX 560 on eBay, the seller says he tested it and it worked for him. So I deleted the GTX drivers, shut computer down, put RX 560 in and started the computer up...nothing. The...
  3. GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU: Hi. Should Windows recognise my nvidia gpu, or vice versa ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu/23e201f9-983e-4e34-97bb-5c3a0c064099
  4. why 'GPU' and 'GPU engine' two properties (in column) are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    why 'GPU' and 'GPU engine' two properties (in column) are missing from taskbar: Recently I got Windows 10 October update, after that 'GPU' and 'GPU engine' are missing. Screenshot before Windows update, [ATTACH] Screenshot after Windows update, [ATTACH] Does anyone have any idea?...
  5. GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU: how to determine what GPU is in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu/b7992215-a064-4afa-b36c-4f6850cf5a1e
  6. GPU inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU inactivity: Hello and hope you are having a good day! This bug always occur so it's been annoying me for like 2 weeks now so I decided to ask. The problem is that every time my laptop updates, my GPU becomes inactive even if I am running games. So every time this bug happen I system...
  7. SWITCHUNG GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SWITCHUNG GPU: I WANTED TO SWITCH MY GRAPHICS CARD TO AMD GRAPHICS CARD BUT WHEN I SWITCH TO AMD GPU IT DOESNT RESPOND AND FREEZE I WANT TO SWITCH GPU FOR MY WWE 2K18 GAME BUT ITV DOESNT SWITCH...
  8. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...
  9. The mysterious GPU???

The mysterious GPU???: Ok, so on my 'about computer' page it states that my processor is AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00GHzbut on my 'Directx diagnostic tool' it says that my Display card is Microsoft basic display adapter. Why didn't it use the AMD Radeon R5 graphic card??? Is...
  10. Dual monitors crashed my GPU?

Dual monitors crashed my GPU?: So I tried setting up my Windows 10 computer with dual screens. Main monitor is connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable, with HDMI plugged into the PC. Second monitor connected via DVI cable on both ends. Both were plugged into the GPU (XFX Radeon R9 380) before I powered the PC back...