Windows 10: 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

Discus and support 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a r9 290 and three 1080p monitors hooked up to it. If I enable GPU decoding in wallpaper engine with all three desktops set to a video wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FuturDreamz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

I have a r9 290 and three 1080p monitors hooked up to it. If I enable GPU decoding in wallpaper engine with all three desktops set to a video wallpaper things get super stutterry (same thing happens if I open three 1080p videos at the same time.)

I'm hoping to upgrade my GPU, but I don't really need the latest and greatest. At what point do GPUs handle three (or more) 1080p video decoding streams at the same time? I can't seem to find any details on that. The price difference between a rx 380 and a rx 390 in Canada is minimal so I'd just get the newer one, but i can't confirm if it will fix that problem?

thanks.

:)

FuturDreamz, Jul 11, 2019

2. Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10

Dave, the two processes apparently hogging all the GPU were desktop windows manager and client server runtime process.

However, when I list them now, after numerous reboots and reinstalls, no apps show up as consuming GPU, yet GPU is at 80-100%. I think this is because the apps are only consuming the 3D component of the GPU and not the others - copy, decode, processing or
    shared memory usage?

I've spent some time on Google and it seems to be a fairly common symptom but none of the suggested solutions are effective.

It doesn't seem to be linked to any significant changes, I even tried uninstalling the most recent windows updates.

Any thoughts?

Zorro Blade, Jul 11, 2019
  3. GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

Now my second monitor isn't even cloned... no signal... windows 10 cannot detect a second monitor and suggests a different GPU... My GPU can support up to 3 monitors... again... ran every diagnostic on my BIOS and GPU know to man. Thank you for your assistance...
    very irritated by this simple problem.

RolandNordin, Jul 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU?

1. 3 monitors with Wallpaper Engine + GPU video decoding, min GPU? - Similar Threads - monitors Wallpaper Engine

2. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  3. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  4. Extremely high GPU when running video wallpaper from Lively Wallpaper. Why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extremely high GPU when running video wallpaper from Lively Wallpaper. Why?: I downloaded Lively Wallpaper from the Microsoft Store the other day because I wanted a free program to run video wallpapers on my Desktop. I selected one of the default, pre-installed video wallpapers that comes bundled with the software it's called: 'customisable rain...
  5. A D3D11 compatible GPU is required to run the engine

in Windows 10 News
    A D3D11 compatible GPU is required to run the engine: [ATTACH]Some users are getting the “A D3D11 compatible GPU is required to run the engine” error message while launching or playing games on their Windows computers. Though most users have experienced this error on Fortnite, it is not a game-specific error. Hence, you can see...
  6. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor, GPU: Hello. My monitor has been stuck on 1600x900 since I got it, even though it says it can go to 1920x1080. The settings just don't have the 1920x1080 option and I don't know why, maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but please help!...
  7. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor, GPU: Hello. My monitor has been stuck on 1600x900 since I got it, even though it says it can go to 1920x1080. The settings just don't have the 1920x1080 option and I don't know why, maybe I'm being a bit stupid, but please help!...
  8. Monitor, GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Gpu engine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gpu engine: Why there is no Video encode engine showing in task manager. Although my graphics supports hardware encode and decode and processing. video decode is there in task manager but no decode. help please. Intel core i3-1005G1 UHD G1 graphics...
  10. why 'GPU' and 'GPU engine' two properties (in column) are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    why 'GPU' and 'GPU engine' two properties (in column) are missing from taskbar: Recently I got Windows 10 October update, after that 'GPU' and 'GPU engine' are missing. Screenshot before Windows update, [ATTACH] Screenshot after Windows update, [ATTACH] Does anyone have any idea?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wallpaper Engine 100% Video Decode