Windows 10: 3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop

Discus and support 3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This morning I noticed three Firefox saved pages that looked like this -- [img] -- except that had different titles. One was perhaps a page I saved... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by The Pool Man, Oct 5, 2018.

1. 3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop

This morning I noticed three Firefox saved pages that looked like this --

3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop [​IMG]

-- except that had different titles. One was perhaps a page I saved over 9 months ago, one was of a 9 to 5 Mac page I bet I didn't save, and one was a series of numbers. I'm %1000 sure I didn't put those pages on my otherwise orderly desktop.

I threw'em out and did a FULL virus scan and ran Malwarebytes. Came up clean.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I can tell you they didn't come back.

:)

The Pool Man, Oct 5, 2018
  2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Oct 5, 2018
  3. importing firefox bookmarks to edge

Firefox is not listed in the browsers to import bookmarks from. How can I import bookmarks from Firefox? I have quite a few and if I cannot import to Edge, I will just stick with Firefox

edschilling, Oct 5, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop

FireFox Bookmarks

http://steelgryphon.com/grand/?p=21

peach1971, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop

1. 3 Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks Appear on Desktop - Similar Threads - Mysterious Firefox Bookmarks

2. Firefox for Android Bookmark?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox for Android Bookmark?: Does anyone know how to save bookmarks in Firefox on a Android phone? I tried following the guides I found using Google and they all say to click on the star. When I click on bookmarks I don't have a star to click on. 166779
  3. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  4. "new folders" in firefox bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "new folders" in firefox bookmarks: When setting up "new folders" in firefox bookmarks to add to, I ended up with several files named "new folder". The computer jumped ahead of my typing. How do I delete these empty "new folder"s? I can't find that or how could I change their name and use them?...
  5. Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear: This has been bugging me for a long time. Some of the favicons for my bookmarks are missing - just showing generic icons. Even if I visit the page, it still won't build the icon. But then some sites do work. Any idea what's going on? Youtube is one of many examples that just...
  6. FireFox bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox bookmarks: After years of using FF, backing up and restoring older ones I "acquired" a mile long list and between them many duplicates, some in folders which are also exact duplicates. From time to time I have to clean them manually one by one. Is there some way to do it automatically ?...
  7. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  8. Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks: Hello, One day Firefox just stopped syncing bookmarks on my phone. I read somewhere online that Firefox will only sync bookmarks if there are less than 5,000 bookmarks but, I don't have anywhere that many. I know Firefox recently has gone through some UI changes. Could the...
  9. Firefox - Make Desktop Shortcut to Library / "Other Bookmarks" ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Make Desktop Shortcut to Library / "Other Bookmarks" ?: I have this Shortcut that opens to "All Bookmarks" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -chrome chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul . . . but, how do you change it, so it opens to "Other Bookmarks" . . . which is a sub-directory of "All Bookmarks"...
  10. Firefox Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks: Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other Bookmarks' whereas I prefer them in the Bookmarks Menu (i.e. not in a folder). Is there a setting I can change to make Bookmarks...