Windows 10: 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

Discus and support 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mustachio, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain.

3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to move it (when it had a location tab) I now have one in each folder. My OneDrive folder in User also has no location tab.

I'd like to finish 'moving' all objects such that anything is saved in the respective folders on the H: drive. Have not found a solution so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Mustachio, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Mar 13, 2019
  3. "Location is unavailable" for C: folder.

Hi Jeff,

This error message usually appears when the hard drive files get damaged or corrupted.
    Restoring folder's default location or recovering the data and formatting the disk would help diagnose and address this problem. Make sure to log in as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• To restore to default location.
    1. Go to C:\Users.

2. Open the folder name with your user name.

3. Right-click on the desktop and select Properties.

4. Under the Location tab, click the Restore Default button.

5. Once done, restart your PC.

• Verify the permissions set on the file.
    1. Open File Explorer.

2. Right-click the file folder and select Properties.

3. Go to Security and select Advanced.

4. Check the box for Replace all child object permission entries with permission entries from this object at bottom.

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try accessing the folder again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 13, 2019
  4. 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

Files folders and storage

Hi Peter,

We need more information to be bale to help you better with this issue. Are you facing any issues when saving the word documents or when composing any documents?

If the issue is with saving documents, where are you trying to save them and what is the error message displayed?

I would suggest you to check if the users folder is displayed as "read only'. Open File Explorer, click on the driver where windows is installed, and open the users folder. Right click on the users folder, and then check in the general tab, if it is shown
    as 'read only'. If yes, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are

located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child

object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click

Ok.

Bennet Martin, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

1. 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab - Similar Threads - objects Users folder

2. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  3. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  4. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...: I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in E:\users\<myname>. This E: drive folder is also where I have moved the links for Documents, Pictures, Downloads and Music. I...
  6. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...: I wanted to move the folder '3D Objects' and its contents from C:\users\<myname> to E::\users\myname and expected it to create a new subfolder in E:\users\<myname>. This E: drive folder is also where I have moved the links for Documents, Pictures, Downloads and Music. I...
  7. User shell folders messed up after using move location tab on 3D Objects folder. DaveM121...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  9. 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3D objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  10. Moved Default User Folders With Location Tab, But Settings is Unchange

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Default User Folders With Location Tab, But Settings is Unchange: Peace on earth, goodwill towards all. *Smile I moved my default user folders (Documents, Music, Pictures, Video) from C to a different partition by using the Location tab. This successfully moved the folders and their contents to the new partition. I can see the folders...