Windows 10: 3 People-1 Hacker-How to Identify Who Did It

Discus and support 3 People-1 Hacker-How to Identify Who Did It in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All, My work allows me to work from home, but there are times I work from an office with 2 other people. Over the past 2 years, my Gmail account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by truthseeker777, Nov 21, 2020.

1. 3 People-1 Hacker-How to Identify Who Did It

All,

My work allows me to work from home, but there are times I work from an office with 2 other people. Over the past 2 years, my Gmail account has been breached, my boss / friend has the same occur to his computer and phone. Also I have located software on an office computer that I periodically use which I've removed too. There may be additional settings on this computer that allows for another to "monitor" the activity too. I simply don't know what to look for, nor how to set it up in such a way that would prevent this from occurring.

I want to be clear, the office computer is NOT owned, not are policies in place that allows for anyone to intrude upon my personal privacy. My boss and I have seen one person in particular exhibit behavior that leads us both to believe this person is responsible for the issue I've described.

Here's my questions

How can I identify the person who's responsible for breaching my account 3 possibilities, but 1 in particular

Can I determine if the office computer is being monitored?

How can I set it to secure it permanently

OS-Windows 10

Browsers-Edge, Google, DuckDuckGo

Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks everyone!

:)

truthseeker777, Nov 21, 2020

2. Identifying the IP address of a hacker

Thanks very much for that - as the hacker sent over 400 messages to my contacts - I guess there's a good chance of identifying them (but I suppose not if the use a VPN?)

GlennCollier, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2020
  4. 3 People-1 Hacker-How to Identify Who Did It

How to find People app in Windows 10.

Hi Long,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question related to the query:

• Are you not able to find People app on your PC?

Method 1:

Step 1:Check if People app tile is showing on the Start menu
    by pressing Start key on keyboard

Step 2: If it is not displayed, then I suggest you to check using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and type People.
    • Select the top most search result.

Step 3: You can also check in All settings from start menu by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and click on All settings option from the bottom left corner of the window.
    • Check if People app is listed under alphabet P.

Method 2: If you do not find it in PC, you can download
    People app
    from the Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard and type Windows Store.
    • Select the top most search result.
    • Type People in the search and download the
      People
      app.

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

3 People-1 Hacker-How to Identify Who Did It

1. 3 People-1 Hacker-How to Identify Who Did It - Similar Threads - Hacker Identify Did

2. Ridiculous 'community guidelines'. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ridiculous 'community guidelines'. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!: MSN won't allow the following to be posted as a comment on their news/article page. It's just one example of the insane 'community guidelines' put in place by invisible, anonymous MSN overseers. "The following describes the those on the LEFT perfectly. "Of all tyrannies, a...
  3. Ridiculous 'community guidelines'. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ridiculous 'community guidelines'. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!: MSN won't allow the following to be posted as a comment on their news/article page. It's just one example of the insane 'community guidelines' put in place by invisible, anonymous MSN overseers. "The following describes the those on the LEFT perfectly. "Of all tyrannies, a...
  4. I get a email from a guy who tell he is a hacker. Is that a hacker or just a scammer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get a email from a guy who tell he is a hacker. Is that a hacker or just a scammer?: Hello,I was just reading my emails after a while and I see one mail in my spam box. The sender name was actually same with my mail address but there was " support@" in the beginning of address. and it shows that mail come from inwooden.onmicrosoft.comex: support@********.com...
  5. For people who often clean install windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For people who often clean install windows: I want to clean install my windows I think its time too many bugs appearing and Ive heard its best to do it every 6 months or so for best results. Is there a more efficient way of replicating settings, layouts and installed app then doing it manually? Is there a setting in...
  6. Identifying multiple people in a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identifying multiple people in a photo: I have a lot of old photos scanned to my computer. I’ve set up face recognition and tagging. Now I want to know who is the third person from the left in a picture with 10 people in it. I have the person’s name tagged in the photo but can’t find a way to identify which of the...
  7. Identifying the IP address of a hacker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Identifying the IP address of a hacker: Is there a way to display IP address that have interacted with your computer? My Facebook page was hacked on Monday night and I'd like a log of IP addresses to see if I can locate the hacker - Thx...
  8. Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?: Im just curious to know which graphics card this is View attachment 9023
  9. Identifying Hackers from TCPview utility - please help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identifying Hackers from TCPview utility - please help!: Hi there thanks for reading I had a problem 2 years ago with a gang trying to steal my ID and they accessed every part of my life through the computer (Apple at the time). Now on Windows and I am seeing strange things happen, password change loops for days, etc. I...
  10. For those who did not get the download...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    For those who did not get the download...: I was waiting (not so patiently) for Win10 to become available on my Windows 7 PC. I broke down last night and tried everything I could to get it to download. When all attempts came up blank and all I saw was "We will let you know when your download is ready"... or something...