Windows 10: 3 Problems with windows 10

Discus and support 3 Problems with windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. I have problems with windows 10 and it really annoying me. 1) my connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DesmondKSA, Aug 27, 2015.

1. 3 Problems with windows 10

Hello,

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. I have problems with windows 10 and it really annoying me.

1) my connected internal hard drives showing up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon. How can I hide it?

2) When i click on start button start menu does not show immediately, it appear with delay, only after half sec and sometimes more than half sec. Even after a clean installation the problem is present.

3) When I am typing my PIN to login to Windows my pointer will snap back to a random location in the middle of PIN fields.
    For example : if my PIN is : 1234 , When I'm typing 12 the pointer will snap back and I will be like I'm typing 3412. I hope you guys understand me.

Thanks in advance for help *Smile

:)

DesmondKSA, Aug 27, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Aug 27, 2015
  4. 3 Problems with windows 10

You can hide the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon by right clicking the taskbar, select "Properties", select "Customize" to the right of "Notification area", click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and set "Windows Explorer - Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" to off.

fracking4oil, Aug 27, 2015
  5. thanks for reply. I was meaning my internal hard drives.
    Please look at this picture:
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

DesmondKSA, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Sorry, totally misunderstood the question. I have no clue, the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon doesn't show up on my system until I have a external drive, USB stick, ext. connected; doesn't show my internal drives.
    Perhaps you have your internal drives setup as hot-swap drives?

7. I think there's still work to be done on this front. I don't have the same issue on this machine, but my USB wireless adapter shows up in the connected device list.

I'm not sure why I would have to safely disconnect that device, there are no write operations. Maybe it's so I don't 'accidentally' disconnect from the internet *Tongue

The other thing I experience is that sometimes when I dismount an ISO, all drives disappear from the File explorer window and the USB safely disconnect icon gets 'hung' - this also should not happen.

Start takes about the same time for me ( 1/2 second, maybe 1 second if the system is doing something). I think it's normal - MS changed a lot in Start. Being containerized and universalized (sorry for my English) probably requires some additional processing.

I stopped using a PIN during the last phase of the Preview - I couldn't log on without being connected to the Internet. That was probably a bug in the Preview build, but I decided not to use a PIN (this means I can't use my fingerprint reader either).

I reported both the USB safely eject and the PIN issue to MS through the feedback app. It's only bee a few weeks since the Retail build was released. I don't expect to try a PIN again until October (the next major drop), you can decide if you want to continue using a PIN.

Consider feeding the information to MS through the Windows Feedback app (Start > All apps in the W section).

That wasn't very much help, was it *Smile

What happens if you eject an internal drive?

Also, press Open Printers and Devices - are your drives shown in that window (they should not be shown)
    Are there any warning icons on the devices?
    Right click on the computer icon - do the drives show up on the Context menu eject menu pick?
    Try running the trouble shooter menu pick (also in the context menu). You can skip any known issues (manually disabled devices, unknown drivers that you know are unknown and are not concerned about fixing).

For example, I have my internal wireless adapter disabled, and my Ethernet adapter disabled ... I don't use them, but the are reported as issues. I also have one device (HP Drive Guard) that does not have a driver, I would just disable it if I installed the driver, so I know about it and I ignore the reported issue.

I checked my system in Devices and Printers (how it is referenced in Control Panel) and found that the device icons are not being updated because I'm on a metered connection. Any chance that you are also on a metered connection and some updates are not getting through?

All of these things tells me that MS has it's fingers in these areas and more work needs to be done.

Please feed MS your information - it will help everyone.

Thanks

Bill

Slartybart, Aug 27, 2015
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

3 Problems with windows 10

eLPuSHeR, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Only if they're setup as hot-swap drives in the bios, my SSD is set as AHCI (obviously), but doesn't show up.

10. Thanks to everyone for their reply and I'm sorry about the delay in answering. I guess I will wait until microsoft release a new update to fix all bugs.

Once again thanks to all of you.

DesmondKSA, Aug 30, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    I get that when I insert a Thumb Drive.

Thema:

3 Problems with windows 10

1. 3 Problems with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems

2. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  3. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems: Mail reconfigure outlook and received mail and not showing old mail how to resolve problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mail-reconfigure-in-outlook-and-not-showing/b511a897-cb8f-456a-a096-110279ee22a8
  4. How to mail reconfigure in outlook and not showing old mail how to resolve problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. sync problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync problem: I am having a sync problem with one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-problem/c2be8e63-65c7-49ef-9a7d-213aa883803c
  6. sync problem

sync problem: I am having a sync problem with one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-problem/c2be8e63-65c7-49ef-9a7d-213aa883803c
  7. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  8. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  9. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  10. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...