Windows 10: 3 Recovery Partitions

Discus and support 3 Recovery Partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right section to be posting this, please excuse me if it's not. Anyway, today I had to repartition a drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by techhead287, Aug 15, 2015.

1. 3 Recovery Partitions

Hi guys,
    I'm not sure if this is the right section to be posting this, please excuse me if it's not.

Anyway, today I had to repartition a drive. So, I went into disk management and here is what I found:

3 Recovery Partitions [​IMG]

My main system drive has 3 recovery partitions! This is after an in-place upgrade, refresh, and then reset. Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks.

:)

techhead287, Aug 15, 2015

2. BitLocker Recovery

I cant get a picture off the tablet, but it lists 6 partitions

Partition 1 System

Partition 2 Reserved

Partition 3 Primary

Partition 4 recovery 500 mb

partition 5 recovery 9 GB

partition 6 Recovery 1024 MB

Does that help?

DavidChoate1, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Query about removal of recovery partition on Windows 10

Old title: Windows 10 (Hard drive partition)

Hi . I think after upgrade my windows 8 to 10 my hard drive have lot of partitions . i mean recovery partitions . There is 3 Healthy(recovery partition) and 3 OEM partition . so can i delete those partitions by using software , Specially health(recovery
    partitions) so i want to know is it safe if i delete those ones .

thank you .

pradeepchathuranga, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

3 Recovery Partitions

I concur with chrunos.

1) If you haven't already done so, you may want to create Dell recovery media based on that last factory restore partition. You're machine probably came with Dell Backup and Restore preinstalled and, if that is still intact, you should be able to create a bootable replacement USB key (or small external USB HDD) for the partition and then blow it away. You may want to make sure you use the preinstalled version of DBAR rather than thinking you're doing the right thing by updating DBAR to the latest version first - I've read that can be trouble.

2) If you're willing and have data and third party program license keys and install files rounded up, you can then redo a clean install of Win 10 but delete ALL partitions in the early dialogue of the clean install. This is what I did on my 2 month old Dell laptop and I went from having a Disk0 layout exactly like yours to a 3 partition layout with the 11 or so GB factory restore partition reclaimed into my OS partition.

P.S. - I had also deleted that 40 MB OEM diagnostics partition because I'm OK with the diagnostics accessible from within the F12 Boot Options screen.

Word Man, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    you have a 1TB drive - just shrink C and create a new partition.. those extra partitons are taking up less than 1.25% of the drive space.. You may even want to reset to factory settings in the future.. I would not worry about it for now, you have plenty of freespace

Kyhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

3 Recovery Partitions

1. 3 Recovery Partitions - Similar Threads - Recovery Partitions

2. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  3. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  4. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  6. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  7. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

8. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  9. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  10. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?