Windows 10: 3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from...

Discus and support 3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 3 desktop PCs. 3 user accounts each. All clean installs. Using microsoft accounts, i.e. hotmail IDs and passwords to setup each account and then PIN.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drajinkyas, Apr 20, 2021.

1. 3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from...

3 desktop PCs. 3 user accounts each. All clean installs. Using microsoft accounts, i.e. hotmail IDs and passwords to setup each account and then PIN. Absolutely the same procedure on each PC.
    name: comp1 workgroup: workgroup
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** pin 1234 account created and verified. sync settings ON. account type: administrator
    already added family accounts appear on verification: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    I as in Tom select: Can sign in on this device. account type: standard for both the accounts.
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Sign into this account, set pin 2345, verify, logout
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Sign into this account, set pin 3456, verify, logout

On the 2nd computer:
    name: comp2 workgroup: workgroup
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** pin 1234 account created and verified. sync settings ON. account type: administrator
    already added family accounts appear on verification: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    I as in Tom select: Can sign in on this device. account type: standard for both the accounts.
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Sign into this account, set pin 2345, verify, logout
    *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Sign into this account, set pin 3456, verify, logout

On the 3rd computer:
    name: comp3 workgroup: workgroup

C and D drives on all 3 comps. D drive is shared on all 3 comps.
    named as comp1-D, comp2-D, comp3-D
    3 computers connected physically by LAN cable through a router. Network is private not public.

Now heres the bummer:
    Tom and Harry can access the shared D drives and the files and folders on them OF any computer FROM any computer
    BUT **** CANT.
    **** ALWAYS gets the Windows Network Credentials prompt for username and password.
    Entering *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the password DOES NOT WORK.
    Adding credentials in the Windows Credentials manager DOES NOT WORK.

I don't want to disable password sharing.

Why is it that 2 of the accounts can access the shared drives but one cant?

All 3 computers were installed using the Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso from microsoft directly.
    Now all 3 computers are -
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2 OS build 19042.928
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I had no problems in windows 10 version 1909. But since the prompt for update to 20H2 started appearing, I was foolish to upgrade i did a clean install though all the computers to 20H2 and now this headache.

:)

drajinkyas, Apr 20, 2021
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 20, 2021
  4. 3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from...

screenshot of 3 user accounts

Okay I managed to get my friend to take a picture with his camera of the computer screen when I shut down the computer and turn it back on again... Can you see 3 different accounts? I know it should have the regular user account "Claudia" and the Administrator account, but that third one is supposed to be deleted.

3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from... [​IMG]

ClaudiaThompson, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from...

1. 3 same user accounts on 3 different comps. 1 user of the 3 cannot access shared drives from... - Similar Threads - same user accounts

2. The bottom 1/3 of the taskbar blinks showing the upper 1/3 of the tabs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bottom 1/3 of the taskbar blinks showing the upper 1/3 of the tabs.: As title, is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bottom-13-of-the-taskbar-blinks-showing-the/e5155cbc-8adc-4bac-acc1-d7c5967734a3
  3. The bottom 1/3 of the taskbar blinks showing the upper 1/3 of the tabs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The bottom 1/3 of the taskbar blinks showing the upper 1/3 of the tabs.: As title, is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bottom-13-of-the-taskbar-blinks-showing-the/e5155cbc-8adc-4bac-acc1-d7c5967734a3
  4. 3 user accounts on 1 personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 user accounts on 1 personal computer: Why does my computer have 3 separate user accounts on it? My email, the normal user, and an administrator user. It would make sense if all of these were all the same one, I can’t run certain discs and applications unless I’m using the administrator user and my normal user...
  5. 3 user accounts on 1 personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 user accounts on 1 personal computer: Why does my computer have 3 separate user accounts on it? My email, the normal user, and an administrator user. It would make sense if all of these were all the same one, I can’t run certain discs and applications unless I’m using the administrator user and my normal user...
  6. Network Sharing Among 3 PC's On Same Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Among 3 PC's On Same Network: I recently set up sharing of the C drives on all 3 PC's on my home network. I was able to access each PC from every other PC. All of the PC's are showing under Network in File Manager on each other.Suddenly, 1 of the PC's, while still showing under Network keeps giving me an...
  7. 3 Computer 1 Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Computer 1 Microsoft Account: In my office, there are 3 computers. My computer is the main computer. I want the other 2 computers to have Microsoft on them, but when I put it on them all of my files and everything transfers over to their computers. I cannot have that, I went into one of the computers and...
  8. Black screen on 1 of 3 accounts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on 1 of 3 accounts.: I have 3 accounts on my computer, mine works fine but my wife's account just loads to a black screen and a mouse pointer. Programs work if I run them through task manager. How do I fix this?...
  9. Why do I have 3 user accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have 3 user accounts?: Why do I have 3 user accounts? I don't recall deliberately setting them up and the 2 excess ones are taking up valuable SSD room. Can I just delete the two with the numbers (2 & 3) and keep the main one with no number at the end? Will I lose anything? I don't know how they...
  10. 3 DVD drives on the same bus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 DVD drives on the same bus: I have a Windows 7 PC with 3 DVD drives. Imgburn shows them as connected to 3 different SATA busses: [2:0:0], [3:0:0], and [4:0:0]. After upgrading to Windows 10, all of them ended up on the same bus, [2:0:0], like this: [img] Why did that change? I tried connecting...