Windows 10: 3 TB Disk Allocation

Discus and support 3 TB Disk Allocation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems trying to allocate all of the space on a new 3 TB drive. When I installed windows 10 it installed the system files on the 500 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mbmillusa, Sep 22, 2018.

1. mbmillusa Win User

3 TB Disk Allocation

I am having problems trying to allocate all of the space on a new 3 TB drive. When I installed windows 10 it installed the system files on the 500 GB SSD and allocated an additional 500 MB on Disc 0 (the 3 TB drive) for System Reserved. I have been able to create a New Volume (D3 TB Disk Allocation :) on some of the unallocated space left over but there is an additional 746 5.52 GB of unallocated space that I can seem to allocate or join to the (D3 TB Disk Allocation :) space. How do I make the 746.52 GB useable?

3 TB Disk Allocation 8f89d6c3-f12d-455a-9906-33ea628a34d7?upload=true.jpg

:)

mbmillusa, Sep 22, 2018
  2. mkrk Win User

Disk Allocation

Hi everyone,
    It's Kousik here. I have installed xubuntu along with windows 10. To do that i had to re partition my hard disk which is of 1 tb. While doing this i can't allocate 250gb as primary partition.
    The message below is showing
    " You cannot allocate a primay partition because the disk already contains maximum number of partitions". Suggest me a way how to allocate that much amount of space in this situation Thank You

3. Ang087 Win User
    Disk Clean up showing Downloaded Program Files as 3 TB, Hard drive is 147 GB.

That's what Windows Update Cleanup was showing after I ran Disk Cleanup. That 3 TB showed up after August 9th's security updates were downloaded and installed. I went ahead performed Disk Cleanup including deleting or getting rid of the 3 TB that was showing for
    Windows Update Cleanup.

I ran check disk to make sure there were no errors and there were none that showed up. Disk Cleanup got rid of the 3 TB. I figured it was as it stated: Windows Update cleanup deletes or compresses older versions of updates that are no longer needed and taking
    up space.

But how can our hard drives keep 3 TB of older versions when you have a 147 GB hard drive and I have 750 GB hard drive? That's the question because it showed up in Disk Cleanup for both of us.

Ang087, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Phusius Win User

3 TB Disk Allocation

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

3 TB Disk Allocation

1. 3 TB Disk Allocation - Similar Threads - Disk Allocation

2. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  3. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  4. Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04: I installed Ubuntu 22.04 and then, I didn't like it and remove it again. Now, my basic disk is changed to dynamic and in the dynamic disk, I am unable to allocated the unallocated partition and also cannot extend my volume. How to solve that?...
  5. Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04

Unable to allocate or extend the disk partition after removing ubuntu 22.04: I installed Ubuntu 22.04 and then, I didn't like it and remove it again. Now, my basic disk is changed to dynamic and in the dynamic disk, I am unable to allocated the unallocated partition and also cannot extend my volume. How to solve that?...
  6. Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect: I had to reformat and to a clean reinstall on my system. I currently have 2 m.2 drive and a few SSDs 1TB for OS and 250 MB for additional data.When to reallocate the 250 MB drive, I end up with the error message.System is:ADATA SX6000NP drive at faultIntel Core i7...
  7. Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect

Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect: I had to reformat and to a clean reinstall on my system. I currently have 2 m.2 drive and a few SSDs 1TB for OS and 250 MB for additional data.When to reallocate the 250 MB drive, I end up with the error message.System is:ADATA SX6000NP drive at faultIntel Core i7...
  8. Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...: My hard disk is saying only 274gb free of 471.If allocated is 102.3gb then I should have 368gb free space where is the difference in space going for.I am running in admin mode...
  10. Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...: My hard disk is saying only 274gb free of 471.If allocated is 102.3gb then I should have 368gb free space where is the difference in space going for.I am running in admin mode...