Windows 10: 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?

Discus and support 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Combines storage capacity of everything on my network (which includes an 8 Tb server) is 14tb. I did shut down the server and checked properties again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveWard1959, Mar 7, 2019.

1. 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?

Combines storage capacity of everything on my network (which includes an 8 Tb server) is 14tb. I did shut down the server and checked properties again, same results. I've posted the results below. I have 150Gb of music files in the music folder.

3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data? e78bbbd5-33ef-4901-b1db-e6bb4dd23118?upload=true.jpg

:)

DaveWard1959, Mar 7, 2019
  2. 64K
    64K Win User

is 1 tb enough space for HHD?

1 TB is plenty for even 10 of the most massive games. The biggest game that I know of, GTA V, requires 55 GB. So that's 550 GB for 10 games like it and a 1 TB will be fine. I need 2 TB because I have too many games on my HDD that I will probably never have time to play and will probably buy more on Steam/Origin sales. *Big Grin 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data? :D That's a very nice SSD you linked to at a great sale price but imo 500 GB is a bit excessive unless you plan to only use your HDD for data/ backups etc.

3. Phusius Win User
    How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Mar 7, 2019
  4. 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?

USB3 problem with 3 TB external hard drive.

I've just experienced the problem I've seen others are posting re USB3 external hard drives. It happens with drives formatted GPT on USB3 ports. I'm running Windows 10 1607 build 14393.187.

I have two external hard drives, both USB3, one is 3 TB formatted GPT, the other 2 TB formatted
    MBR. The 2 TB drive works with both my USB3 port and my USB2 ports, but the
    3 TB one only works with the USB2 ports. My Windows 7 Pro system doesn't have this problem.

Edit: I should add that I have a 64 GB USB3 flash drive that when plugged into the USB3 port, is immediately recognized, assigned a drive letter, and works just fine.

Edit: l mistakenly said 2 GB and 3 GB when I should've said 2 TB and 3 TB. Error corrected above Sept. 17.

Hula_Baloo, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data?

1. 3 Tb HHD showing 16 Tb of data? - Similar Threads - HHD showing data

2. 2,1tb to 2, 3 tb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2,1tb to 2, 3 tb: Windows 11. I got a new case and putting my stuff from old computer into it. I want to replace the two, 1TB drives with two, 3TB drives that are one drive D: in storage spaces. Can I remove the 1TB's and plug and play the 3TB's? Both are same model. Or will I need to set up a...
  3. 2,1tb to 2, 3 tb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2,1tb to 2, 3 tb: Windows 11. I got a new case and putting my stuff from old computer into it. I want to replace the two, 1TB drives with two, 3TB drives that are one drive D: in storage spaces. Can I remove the 1TB's and plug and play the 3TB's? Both are same model. Or will I need to set up a...
  4. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  5. Translucent TB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translucent TB: I've recently updated my windows 11 however came with it my translucentTB not working anymore i've tried reinstalling and restarting my PC but nothing works would like to ask if this problem is on window's side of things or in the app itself...
  6. Translucent TB

Translucent TB: I've recently updated my windows 11 however came with it my translucentTB not working anymore i've tried reinstalling and restarting my PC but nothing works would like to ask if this problem is on window's side of things or in the app itself...
  7. Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection it shows...: Recently cloned system drive from 3 TB to 6 TB drive, but now in system protection, it shows a folder as part of the list, but it does not show up anywhere else; disk management or mini tool partition wizard...
  8. 3 TB Disk Allocation

3 TB Disk Allocation: I am having problems trying to allocate all of the space on a new 3 TB drive. When I installed windows 10 it installed the system files on the 500 GB SSD and allocated an additional 500 MB on Disc 0 (the 3 TB drive) for System Reserved. I have been able to create a New Volume...
  9. A 16 TB Samsung SSD

A 16 TB Samsung SSD: Source [img] At the Flash Memory Summit in California, Samsung has unveiled what appears to be the world's largest hard drive—and somewhat surprisingly, it uses NAND flash chips rather than spinning platters. The rather boringly named PM1633a, which is being...
  10. 3 tb hdd

3 tb hdd: Hello all, I have just installed my new WD 3TB drive into my system and everything seemed fine. I partitioned and formatted the drive without issue and went ahead loading it with my files etc. All seemed fine until I rebooted my system and now it wont boot up, In fact...