Windows 10: 3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update

Discus and support 3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday my Win 10 64 machine prompted me to restart to install an update it noted this is a big one, will take some time. After several minutes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alanshadduck, Nov 30, 2020.

1. 3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update

Yesterday my Win 10 64 machine prompted me to restart to install an update it noted this is a big one, will take some time. After several minutes a restart resulted in the Blue Screen, leaving me no option but to force a shut down and re-start. Upon re-start the display indicated it was uninstalling the offending update, then started up as normal... Only to be repeated two more times. Blue screen #1 & 2 both stated "Stop code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" ... Blue screen #3 stated "Stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG" ... After this third failure I went into the Windows Update app and initiated a 7-day pause on receiving updates, to hopefully wait out a fix. This is the Update History displayed in Windows Update:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 3

Last failed install attempt on ‎11/‎29/‎2020 - 0xc1900101

So, now I'm searching for a solution and waiting for a fix...

:)

alanshadduck, Nov 30, 2020

2. Blue screen

Hi Rahul,

I understand that you running Windows 1909 & the suggested above option is part of version 2004 so I suggest you update your windows to the latest build version 2004 which will resolve your blue screen issue, please follow the below instructions to the update
    Windows to version 2004 manually.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Getting 3 different blue screen errors multiple times a day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• could you please mention the exact error message that you are getting?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 30, 2020
  4. 3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update

1. 3 times yesterday: Blue Screen after Win 10 version 2004 attempted update - Similar Threads - times yesterday Blue

2. Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times: here are the minidump files i got click here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-problem-since-yesterday-several-times/2ff51e4f-bdd8-49c1-bf6e-72f312268263
  3. Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times: here are the minidump files i got click here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-problem-since-yesterday-several-times/2ff51e4f-bdd8-49c1-bf6e-72f312268263
  4. Blue Screen Problem since yesterday several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 3 blue screen of death after update win10 v1903 to 2004 - ntoskrnl.exe+3ddf40...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 blue screen of death after update win10 v1903 to 2004 - ntoskrnl.exe+3ddf40...: At the moment only happened while I was watching a video from you tube or only in web. Never It happened while I play any game and I play about 3 hours/ day After the first and second crashes I update audio drivers: 082420-7421-01.dmp 24/08/2020 17:53:56...
  6. Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after Win 10 version 2004 update: Hi All, I have noticed several problems after the v2004 update. Dell XPS8920 Desktop - Win10 Pro x64 - 40GB Memory. I'm not going into the problems with Office, but I do have 2 problems I need help with. Problem 1: When waking from sleep I seem to get this problem...
  7. Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004

Blue Screen Error when updating to windows 10 version 2004: Hi, For the past few days I have been trying to update my PC to the latest version of windows 10 2004. I am currently running version 1909 and often whether its while I am using the PC or when I try to install the latest feature update my PC crashes and throws a blue...
  8. Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004.

Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004.: I attempted to update my PC to Windows 10 2004 from 1909, when I restarted, it got stuck on 58% "Working on updates", the animation wasn't moving. Following advice from this forum, I held the power button on the PC and then turned it back on again. It said "Undoing changes",...
  9. Win 10 version 2004

Win 10 version 2004: I had to uninstall it on 2 of my 3 computers. On my main computer i have uninstalled it twice now. They were all updated on the same day. It worked good for about a day on computer #1, both times i put it in. On computer #2 it worked for 2 days. Its still working on #3....
  10. Window 10 update yesterday blue screen

Window 10 update yesterday blue screen: I updated yesterday (wish I did not). Permanently in blue screen, will not restore, cannot start in safe mode. Try all the available options. Will not allow uninstall the latest version. Nothing in the advance option works. Am i toasted? Wish I have not restart. It...