Windows 10: 3 Win 10 computer will not share files

Discus and support 3 Win 10 computer will not share files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop wired to router. Have a laptop and netbook (11 in) connected WI-fi. The only way I can share files is through file Explorer some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JOE1865, Oct 17, 2018.

1. JOE1865 Win User

3 Win 10 computer will not share files

I have a desktop wired to router. Have a laptop and netbook (11 in) connected WI-fi. The only way I can share files is through file Explorer some times. The laptop most of the time can access the desktop.The desktop some times can access the laptop. The Netbook will not access either computer. When I try and use the netbook to access any other computer I get--ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS.

:)

JOE1865, Oct 17, 2018

2. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 17, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. 3 Win 10 computer will not share files - Similar Threads - computer share files

2. Win 10 Cant share files on other home computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Cant share files on other home computer: I have two computers running Windows 10 in my home. One is a Windows 10 Professional and the other a standard Windows 10. Both have the latest updates. I have spent hours setting things and still can't access folders from the Professional computer that are located on standard...
  3. Hiding Files On A Shared Computer, Win 10

Hiding Files On A Shared Computer, Win 10: I have my own user name and changed my password but keep getting homework files either deleted or formated different,..Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-files-on-a-shared-computer-win-10/d0fbac4d-d4d0-4291-bcfd-ea95276fa594
  4. File Sharing in Win 10

File Sharing in Win 10: Where is the "HOMEGROUP" in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing-in-win-10/eb10f3d9-7b04-4f52-b8c3-8d5846c793a4
  5. Win 10 File Sharing

Win 10 File Sharing: Have a new Win 10 desktop that does not accept files on the Network. Cannot Copy a file from a Win 10 laptop to the C:\Users\Public Folder on the new Win 10 desktop. In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings: Public Folder...
  6. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  7. File sharing with Win 10

File sharing with Win 10: Just installed a new laptop on my network. The computers can't all see each other or share folders/ files/ drives. From Explorer, I have right-clicked on the C: drive, and given access to Everyone with Read/Write permission. What is wrong? There are 3 computers on the...
  8. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers: Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer sharing. (same for Guest/Public) Allow Windows manage homegroup connections. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access...
  9. Wrong Time on 3 of 3 Win 10 computers

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Time on 3 of 3 Win 10 computers: Gents, I'm running Win 10 on four computers. (The fourth is off and has been for about 5 days.) Of the three I have up and running at the moment, ALL of them have the wrong time. 1. I do not have location enabled, but I do have the correct time zone and the daylight...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...