Windows 10: 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

Discus and support 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Guaziboi, Dec 14, 2019.

1. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window, the color becomes flat and the frame rate gets extremely choppy. This only happens with Window's Media Player and Window's Photos. Is this normal for other Window Photos users and if not, how can I fix this?

submitted by /u/Guaziboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Guaziboi, Dec 14, 2019

2. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when playing in Windowed.

I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game. Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen will lower my fps to 30 over a few seconds,
    switching back to Windowed will return it to where it was. This happens regardless of what i have my in-game fps limit at. Any advice would be very helpful.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 @3.20ghz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 8 GB

BrandonAnsara, Dec 14, 2019
  3. nokia 5610 ....videos do not play smoothly at 30 fps QVGA

The 5610 DOES NOT support 30 fps (as far as I know) so no setting will make it play 30 fps if it's not supported!

If you must watch at 30 fps then you need an N95, N96, N86, N82, I don't know the full list, but not all devices can play 30 fps correctly.

el_loco---01, Dec 14, 2019
  4. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

the best camera in video in nokia n900 or nokia n97 ? but the fps 25 in n900 and n97 fps 30

the best camera in video in nokia n900 or nokia n97 ? but the fps 25 in n900 and n97 fps 30

man28102009, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

1. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen - Similar Threads - FPS video looks

2. Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.: No matter what platform I try to post to for my business, the image looks horrible. LinkedIn, FB, IG- it doesn't matter. Just started after I upgraded to build 1903. Was working fine before that. Any one know what the heck could be causing this? As you can see, the image on...
  3. Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI: Hi Seeking desperate help. Everything works as it should when I plug in the HDMI cable to my Asus laptop both as mirror display or as extended display. However, I realise that some videos on some sites do not play in full screen. It freezes on the mirrored/extended screen...
  4. Video trimming capped at 30 fps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video trimming capped at 30 fps: Whenever i try to trim a video using Photos, the trimmed one is always capped at 30fps even though the original is 60fps. Is there anyway to increase the cap to 60fps or remove it altogether?...
  5. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS: Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware limit - Any fps limit disabled in games. - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel. - Re-installed graphics...
  6. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...: I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game. Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen will lower my fps to 30 over a few seconds, switching back to...
  7. Video not Completely Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not Completely Fullscreen: So the only way i can explain this is through pics. please see attached the video does not go completely fullscreen, there is a border on top and left but not right and bottom. IT is the same with all videos, all websites all apps Imgur: The magic of the Internet 110706
  8. Newspaper looks terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Newspaper looks terrible.: As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution. With other browsers i have no problem.So,what is the problem here? http://users.telenet.be/solidjumbo/Foto/Krant.JPG 98821
  9. BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome

BSOD on fullscreen video in Chrome: I recently made the switch to windows and I get BSOD very often while trying to full screen a video in Chrome. I tried reinstalling windows and I still get the error. I tried letting windows install the video drivers, it BSODs, i tried letting the lenovo update tool...
  10. Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS: 2 days ago i updated to creator..had to update video drivers,but since then in mostly all games i get that fps drops to 30 for like 10 seconds and goes back to 60..that comes and goes...VERY annoying disabled any win10 "gaming" bull* "Disable fullscreen optimizations"...