Windows 10: 30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible

Discus and support 30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In Windows device manager the make and model of the hard drive is visible , and I've uninstalled and installed it there and tried updating the drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rollo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Rollo Win User

30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible

In Windows device manager the make and model of the hard drive is visible , and I've uninstalled and installed it there and tried updating the drivers , but Windows Explorer file manager can't see it. Neither can it be seen from a boot into Paragon disk management CD.

A system crash while copying files to it caused me to pull it out of the USB port in order to try and unfreeze Windows . I now think I might leave been better to force shutdown windows, but that's just speculation.

Thank you for your time!

:)

Rollo, Aug 28, 2019
  2. hazy254 Win User

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB drive stopped being recognized after anniversary update

I have a Seagate BUP slim 2tb external hard disk that stopped working on my laptop after the anniversary update. In Disk Management it is listed as RAW format but from the command line it is NTFS with no errors. It works fine on other windows 10 computers
    without the anniversary update. Is there a solution to my problem?

hazy254, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Seagate BarraCuda vs. FireCuda SSHD for storage

Hi,

I want a 2.5" hard drive with more capacity and I found the Seagate hard drives.

But, which one is better for storage?, the price difference is little.

• Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 2.5" $86.99
    • Seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2.5" $99.99
    I know that the FireCuda has 8GB built in but, does it matter for storage purposes?.

RodoGodo19, Aug 28, 2019
  4. jumanji Win User

How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD

Hi @UK Abroad,
    1. Just curious to know what all Data Recovery software you tried.

2. I would suggest that you run a full scan ( No Quick Scan for Quick Scan will only find the existing partitions and not the buried old partitions) with Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTools Partition Wizard free. At the end of the scan it will show a screen showing the found partitions ( existing as well as lost/deleted). I would think that it will also show the old partitions that could have been deleted. Just double click on each partition shown and check whether it lists your files.The one that shows/lists your files is the valid partition that could be recovered. But do not do anything in haste.

Post a screenshot of
    a) How your 2GB Seagate external drive looks like in Partition Wizard ( the very first screen when you launch PW )

b) the screen showing the found partitions after full scan

c) the screen showing the list of files - if it shows on any selected partition *Smile

After posting the screenshots just Cancel, cancel and quit PW.

Note: You are only scanning the drive with Partition Recovery Wizard. It does not write or delete any data.

Assuming PW is successful in finding the old partitions and could list the files, you need to install PW free version 9.1 to recover the partition/s. ( In later versions it is not free really *Smile )

As I said I am working on the assumption that PW will show the accidentally gotten-deleted partitions.Let us see what we get.

jumanji, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. 30 minute old Seagate 2tb hard invisible - Similar Threads - minute old Seagate

2. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  3. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  4. 4tb Hard drives showing as 2tb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4tb Hard drives showing as 2tb: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have 2 Seagate Barracuda drives that only show as 2tb. They are gpt. This is since using them in raid in nas. tried everything in this thread Disk Management shows new 4TB disk as 2TB despite using GPT...
  5. Windows 10, backup with external 2tb drive. It will start, at point 30 minutes will stop.?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, backup with external 2tb drive. It will start, at point 30 minutes will stop.?: Please help if you have answer and this experience in the past. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-with-external-2tb-drive-it-will/932d8ddc-0f35-445a-acae-6a91a427bce9
  6. Seagate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Hard Drive: Hello, I recently fully removed all the files from a 2tb seagate external hard drive. I then realized that there were no basic files in the drive program files, program files 86x, etc to download to. I now cannot download anything I am trying to download Steam currently to my...
  7. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?: Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know...
  8. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  9. Windows Restore to a Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HD not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Restore to a Seagate 2TB BarraCuda HD not working: I have a Windows 10 system with 2 internal hard drives C: (250 GB) and E: (500 GB) that I use as my primary system. I also have a backup / mirror system in case I have an issue with the primary system, I use Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore...
  10. 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management)

2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management): I have a 2TB Seagate GoFlex Desk external hard drive that works fine on my previous Windows XP computer (I know, very old) but is not recognized at all on my less-than-a-year old Toshiba laptop (S55-C5274) running Windows 10. I have been through support with Seagate,...