Windows 10: 30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems

Discus and support 30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On the evening of 30 OCT 20, I was subject to a long 1 hour, 19 minutes Windows 10 update, which has screwed up my computer function in several ways.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertSpiller, Nov 1, 2020.

1. 30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems

On the evening of 30 OCT 20, I was subject to a long 1 hour, 19 minutes Windows 10 update, which has screwed up my computer function in several ways.

1. evidently it contained or awakened some 16-bit app that won't run on my 64-bit computer 2013 Dell 2350 All-in-one Inspiron Desktop. box says to contact the software maker, but does not identify the software maker.

2. Whenever I step away for 10 minutes, the routine "sleep" function does not recover when I return. Instead a blue screen with forced re-start, an error message that reads: "Thread Stuck in Device Driver". Sometimes this requires multiple re-starts, sometimes after re-start my computer locks up screen visible, but no input works, not keyboard, not mouse, not touch screen, not ESC, not CTRL-Alt-DEL, so only escape seems to be to press and hold power switch til shutdown, and start the whole process again. This has happened at least 5 times since the Windows 10 update caused this problem. Twice this afternoon, symptoms of overheating: fan comes on, then goes to high fan, screen goes black, then flashes off and on.

I didn't do this. It was evidently caused or triggered by the "update".

How can I reach the organization/person who did this to my computer and get them to give me back my functional computer?

:)

RobertSpiller, Nov 1, 2020

2. OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

An OS update from about a week or two ago caused headphone audio out to go dead (even though the control panel does see the signal) AND Windows-10 locks up after 20-30 minutes, regardless of activity. Need suggestions for resolving these issues.

Crunch3c58, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems

1. 30 OCT 20 Windows 10 update caused problems - Similar Threads - OCT update caused

2. MY window 10 update not working since 8 monthlast updated oct'20. It is showing red...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY window 10 update not working since 8 monthlast updated oct'20. It is showing red...: MY window 10 update not working since 8 monthlast updated oct'20. It is showing red notification : device missing important security and quality fixes. Troubleshooter also not working it stuck showing checking pending restart. Sometime it shows error code 0x800705b4 and...
  3. Windows 10 Updates caused problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates caused problems: My File Explorer is crashed since doing windows updates earlier this month. What is the fix please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-caused-problems/fea90128-0201-4081-8c27-f2484e5f753a
  4. KB4580390 Cumulative Update Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.1554 Oct. 20

in Windows 10 News
    KB4580390 Cumulative Update Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.1554 Oct. 20: October 20, 2020 - KB4580390 (OS Build 17763.1554) Preview Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809 all editions, Windows Server version 1809, Windows Server 2019 all editions IMPORTANT Release notes are changing! To learn about the new URL, metadata updates, and more, see...
  5. OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes: An OS update from about a week or two ago caused headphone audio out to go dead (even though the control panel does see the signal) AND Windows-10 locks up after 20-30 minutes, regardless of activity. Need suggestions for resolving these issues....
  6. Windows 10 Oct Update

Windows 10 Oct Update: My desktop has the Oct update (1809) and my laptop is still at version 1803, yet both pcs are up to date. How do I get the laptop up to version 1089? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oct-update/39f85620-4c94-4f04-8298-59ac73dd54cc
  7. Windows 10 Oct update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Oct update: I have updated my laptop with the 1809 Oct update and after 10 days laptop became useless. First it became slow, I found difficulties playing 1080 videos, then one day I left my laptop on sleep mode and it drained all the juice. I put on the charger and woke it up but it...
  8. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. Shows white on 2nd screen using extended screen. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  9. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  10. Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Causing Problems: I just updated Windows 10 today. It wasn't the usual update, this one took a while. Anyways, for some reason, I have noticed I seem to have problems with my laptop after it updates. This time around, I get a black screen when I put my laptop on sleep and try to log back in....