Windows 10: 300 files corrupted-emptied, datemodified Jan152019

Discus and support 300 files corrupted-emptied, datemodified Jan152019 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Win 10 Pro 64 bits version 1803 build 17134.523 updates to this version were done on JAN 8, 18 AND 20... Most or all of these files were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LDULAC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. LDULAC Win User

300 files corrupted-emptied, datemodified Jan152019

Running Win 10 Pro 64 bits version 1803 build 17134.523

updates to this version were done on JAN 8, 18 AND 20...

Most or all of these files were created in Apache Open Office and saved as either ods, odt, xls or doc

Has there been any similar problems in mid january that may have been caused by an update?

JBB

:)

LDULAC, Feb 6, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Corrupt .jpg files

well... no. corrupt means the data is lost. Parts of the files are missing or over-written, so you only recovered empty/damaged files. nothing you can do there.

Mussels, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Ether Win User

You are empty help

You are empty

D/l the patch but the dll file in there has a virus too...anyone else have a suggestion? thanks *Toast :toast:

Ether, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. 300 files corrupted-emptied, datemodified Jan152019 - Similar Threads - 300 files corrupted

2. Empty Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Corrupt Files: I tried to delete a folder on my usb drive that contained other folders and it gave me an error saying " Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable." I tried to drag to the recycle bin, didn't work. I tried the command prompt but didn't know how it...
  3. Empty Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Corrupt Files: I tried to delete a folder on my usb drive that contained other folders and it gave me an error saying " Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable." I tried to drag to the recycle bin, didn't work. I tried the command prompt but didn't know how it...
  4. Empty Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Empty ASD file

Empty ASD file: Dear all,I was working on a word document when my computer suddenly crashed. I wanted to recover my unsaved file and found it in the unsaved documents folder as an ASD file but it is empty. It literally weighs 0 bytes. Is there any other way of recovering that file? I've...
  6. files empty

files empty: files are empty in Moto g play after error "the device has either stopped responding or is disconnected" error, when trying to transfer to Windows 10 laptop. too many files and mp4 files were too big but now they are gone?? Help get them back, pleaseMoto G Play 2021files were...
  7. files empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files empty: files are empty in Moto g play after error "the device has either stopped responding or is disconnected" error, when trying to transfer to Windows 10 laptop. too many files and mp4 files were too big but now they are gone?? Help get them back, pleaseMoto G Play 2021files were...
  8. files empty

9. Windows 10, Search for files where datemodified equals datetaken

Windows 10, Search for files where datemodified equals datetaken: Hi, I have searched a lot for the answer, and tried numerous permutations, datemodified:=datetaken: etc., but have had no luck. What is the correct way to specify files that have not been modified; where the date modified is the same as the date taken, please? Thanks...
  10. Recycle bin corrupted? Can't empty it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin corrupted? Can't empty it: I have a 8TB external HDD, After organizing (adding, deleting renaming, replacing... deleting more) I notice it started to slow down quite a lot. Specially when deleting So I try to empty the recycle bin, but it is NOT getting populated. I wait overnight on Empty the RB...