Windows 10: 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

Discus and support 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unic0rnslovemeh, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it up and it was mixed answers for whatever reason. Please help I’m building my pc today or tomorrow

submitted by /u/Unic0rnslovemeh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unic0rnslovemeh, Oct 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Install Files Turned 128 GB Flash Drive into Only 32 GB!

I used the Windows 10 upgrade to place the installation files onto my 128 GB Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive.

I later just used the regular upgrade via downloading over the internet and my upgrade went fine.

I went back to my flash drive to delete the Windows 10 off of the flash drive only to discover that my 128 GB flash drive was now hosed down to only 32 GB of storage, even after formatting the drive!

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might restore the full storage of my flash drive back to 128 GB?

Thx, in advance,

Don

DonDoornbos, Oct 17, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

As long as the flash drive is MBR, with a FAT32 partition marked as active. Then you can copy and paste all the files and folders from a mounted Windows 10 installation ISO file to it and it will be universally bootable.

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

The media creation tool would reformat the 64 GB flash drive after the above steps back to a 32 GB flash drive.

Microsoft tech support had suggested a copy and paste of a desktop iso to the flash drive (I've not yet tried it).

Would tomyfr then have a universally bootable Windows 10 iso flash drive adding this to the above steps (64 GB flash rive) or does something else need to be done?

zbook, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

1. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10 - Similar Threads - flash drive install

2. Installing windows 10 in flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 in flash drive: What assignment unit size do i need to choose? I have the options of: 8192,16,32 and 64kb submitted by /u/lililpotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvgaig/installing_windows_10_in_flash_drive/
  3. Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on a 32 GB hd: I have a Lenovo ideapad with a 32 GB hard drive. Windows 10 is too big to update correctly. I run Office 365 and Quicken. No pics or music or videos. There are no "excess files" to delete to make more room. Is there anything I can do? Can I go back to an older Windows?...
  4. What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an...: Basically, the internal flash 32 GB size is too small for Windows 10. It only has about 6 GB free. A much bigger SSD was added into it, so there are two internal SSDs now. What's the best way to migrate everything over to this new bigger drive? Thank you for reading, and I...
  5. Installing a 32 GB thumb drive to increase storage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing a 32 GB thumb drive to increase storage.: How to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-32-gb-thumb-drive-to-increase-storage/58221030-9a61-4639-8b37-9de5b7cc22f3"
  6. Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?: I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any...
  7. Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?: I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any...
  8. Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?: Hello Everyone, What flash drive do you recommend to get and the amount of GB's I would need to make a bootable flash drive for installing windows 10 or even making a backup image for that purpose? Thank you! 116210
  9. Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram: I have Windows 10 enterprise and I installed 32 gb ram in my board and for some reason hardware reserved is taking up 103 mb. I do not have onboard graphics I have a dedicated gpu there is no onboard on my motherboard. It's not a big issue but just annoying it doesn't show...
  10. Windows 10 Pro only reading 24 GB of 32 GB installed,

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro only reading 24 GB of 32 GB installed,: Ok so here's what I have done so far. 1) created a bootable USB with Windows 10(64 bit) upgrade 2) installed the upgrade successfully with no issues 3) when I check system info it shows only 24 GB of ram and 16 GB of this is "usable". However when I check the RAM limits on...