Windows 10: 32bit programs on the fritz

Discus and support 32bit programs on the fritz in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; have a question about wow64. I dont see this running in services or processes under task manager. I know its responsible for running 32bit software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by an7h0ny, Dec 21, 2015.

1. an7h0ny Win User

32bit programs on the fritz

have a question about wow64. I dont see this running in services or processes under task manager. I know its responsible for running 32bit software correctly on a 64bit system, mine being the latter. I have been trying to get a program called bluestacks to work properly. I installed it on a 32bit windows 10 home and it works perfectly. The 64bit system will not. I have already tried clean booting, also reinstalled windows OS and updated then installed that as the very first software and still no good. I also tried compatibility mode option before I installed it and choose every past dated OS one by one and still no good. I think its because the OS is not giving the program the 32bit handles it needs or its something else all together. I'm stuck, the program installs and runs correct very briefly then it will hang, in processes the item marked HD agent for blue stacks which is the android service updater will continue to access the CPU and I'm unable to stop the process, I have to shutdown the computer. which wont shutdown properly it keeps restarting. I have to force to shutdown with the case button. After which it restarts and shuts down properly unless I run that program again. The program was downloaded directly from the maker, bluestacks.com. The whole reason I am trying to use this program is I got a fitness tracker from jawbone, the up3 but I cant use it because I don't own any android or apple products. Really want to use this tracker it has the best sleep tracker software currently. Dont want to wait for them to create a windows app which might never be coming. Can someone shed any light on why it hangs on the 64bit system? Thank you.

:)

an7h0ny, Dec 21, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

Fritz

If your ISP sets a specific amount of data downloaded before charges accrue, the ~3.5GB download could put you over the limit and result in extra charges. This is between the user and the ISP; Microsoft has nothing to do with it.

JimWynne, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Fritz

If you recieved the notification to reserve the Windows 10 upgrade, you will notice the following disclaimer in the app.

32bit programs on the fritz [​IMG]

Yes, free. This limited time upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial.
    3GB download required, internet services frees may apply.

Even if you are able to download on a metered connection, overage charges can be significant cost. If you have the option of doing this, make sure you monitor your connection by ensuring it is set to Metered.

Understanding overage charges and data allotment:

If you are on a metered connection or monthly data plan, because of the size of the download which is about 2.7 to 3.5 GBs, you might incurr additional data charges if you go over your limit.

• For instance, suppose your data allotment per month is 2 GBs from your Internet Service Provider.
    • The Windows 10 download is 3 GBs.
    • You download Windows 10 on your 2 GB plan, if you go over the 2 GB allotment, the ISP might charge you for the extra MBs used, which is 1 GB.
    The ISP might charge extra premium for the additional data you used. For instance, my ISP charges 25 cents per MB for every MB outside of my data alotment of 1 GBs. This means I have to carefully manage my data and ensure it does not go over 1 GB or I will
    be charged for it.

So what are some of the options you have for downloading Windows 10 affordably?

How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 if you are on a slow or metered Internet connection?

Andre Da Costa, Dec 21, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Welcome to the forum.

Wow64 is part of the OS and cannot be disabled. It is not a service or process. Bluestacks is supposed to be compatible with 64 bit Windows 10. Be sure you have the latest version.

I have never used Bluestacks.

LMiller7, Dec 22, 2015
  5. an7h0ny Win User
    Lmiler7 do you recommend any other android emulators?

an7h0ny, Dec 22, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    RE : Bluestacks
    No solution for you. Just to let you know it has nothing to do with the bit-version.
    I have BlueStacks installed in my Win 10 Home 64-bit.
    It works fine.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 32bit programs on the fritz - Similar Threads - 32bit programs fritz

2. win11 32bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win11 32bit: windows 11 32bit please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-32bit/38f61923-9b64-4331-9c5b-1522cfc121cb
  3. unable to connect to fritz box NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to fritz box NAS: I have a problem that has just recently raised it´s ugly head here it is Restoring Network Connections An error occured while reconnecting to \\Fritz-nas\fritz.nas microsoft windows network: Not enough memory resources are available to process command I have did the...
  4. Fritz Wlan Usb Stick is not recognized?

Fritz Wlan Usb Stick is not recognized?: Hey, guys, I reset my PC a few hours ago so that everything is zero. Now with the same WLAN stick, which hasn't caused any problems before, I suddenly have no internet anymore. I installed and uninstalled all drivers and upgraded them, checked fritz.box for errors, tried...
  5. 64 bit program run on a 32bit system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit program run on a 32bit system?: Is there something? Any program or something similar that makes this possible? Thanks a lot! LG 64 bit Programm auf einem 32bit System laufen lassen?
  6. Fritz Box 6490 Teredo filter disable?

Fritz Box 6490 Teredo filter disable?: Good evening, folks, i got forza horizon 4 for my PC but i can't connect to the xbox servers because the connection is stopped by a teredo filter and i've looked at 1000 tutorials on how to disable it on the 6490 but there have been many updates and jz there is no button to...
  7. Fritz!Box IP filter?

Fritz!Box IP filter?: Tach, I was about to enter an IP at Chrome into the URL search bar and I got this message: [ATTACH] Maybe someone can help me. Fritz!Box IP Filter?
  8. BDE 32bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BDE 32bit: Why is the BDE 32 bit on a 64 bit laptop / and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bde-32bit/d1eb2518-e97a-4ef1-9df9-e93157c98bd9
  9. Proxycheck 32bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxycheck 32bit: What's the best way to get rid of Proxycheck 32 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxycheck-32bit/7054c463-cca7-44b5-9e67-369963f494ab
  10. Windows on the Fritz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows on the Fritz: On 9/25/2018, my computer was working fine. However, starting on the 26th, something went wrong. All I did was turn on my computer, and discover that the Wifi and sound was gone. Then I start to sign in and I go to the menu...First, it was faded and I couldn't reach the...