Windows 10: 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Discus and support 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 365 Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97. Recently changed to 365. It is installed on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Nov 23, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Office 365
    Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97.
    Recently changed to 365.
    It is installed on my desktop. Not yet on my laptop.
    It is still using POP3/PST.

Sofar I have been very, I mean very, reluctant to switching IMAP (just do a Google search on : IMAP problems)
    I intend to switch to IMAP and OST, because I want to synchronize my laptop with my desktop.
    Have already applied the registry change changing OST path (ForceOSTPath) on both desktop and laptop.

Just want to make sure, before proceeding and maybe get conflicts:
    can I create a new Outlook profile (IMAP based) next to the POP3 one with the same name?

Like this..

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 [​IMG]

Thanks!

:)

tfwul, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

outlook account config

is the email account he is using IMAP or POP3?

Solaris17, Nov 23, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

He want to set it up as an IMAP account. Most email providers that support POP3 generally support IMAP. If his doesn't, he needs to find a provider that keeps up with the times...

newtekie1, Nov 23, 2018
  4. 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Pop3 from Imap

Hi Max,

Kindly be guided that IMAP settings was designed with no option to convert an email to POP3. What we can do is to: (1) Add your POP3 email account. (2) Transfer your mail folders and (3) Remove your current IMAP Account.

For your future reference, we found recommended links related to your concern that you may bookmark on your browser. Please refer on the articles below:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Barbara Cue, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

1. 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 - Similar Threads - 365 possible create

2. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  3. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  5. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  6. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Authenticate IMAP, POP3, and SMTP for an email account that has already been added.

Authenticate IMAP, POP3, and SMTP for an email account that has already been added.: Hi folks. I have several functioning email addresses in Windows Mail. Yesterday I created a new one- a webmail address- in BlueHost. I then introduced it to Windows Mail.I clicked “Manage Accounts” and “Add Account.” Then a long list came up.I added the basic details. But...
  8. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  9. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365: I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address for each account shows up as the display name. Is thee a way to change the display names for the accounts. For example,...
  10. Is it possible to create a hidden account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to create a hidden account?: Hello friends of the forum. I need to create an admin account in our home computer, but it needs to be a hidden account. Is it possible? I have access to everything in the computer, and I also had replaced the utilman.exe with the command line, to use it on the system...