Windows 10: 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Discus and support 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 365 Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97. Recently changed to 365. It is installed on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Nov 23, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Office 365
    Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97.
    Recently changed to 365.
    It is installed on my desktop. Not yet on my laptop.
    It is still using POP3/PST.

Sofar I have been very, I mean very, reluctant to switching IMAP (just do a Google search on : IMAP problems)
    I intend to switch to IMAP and OST, because I want to synchronize my laptop with my desktop.
    Have already applied the registry change changing OST path (ForceOSTPath) on both desktop and laptop.

Just want to make sure, before proceeding and maybe get conflicts:
    can I create a new Outlook profile (IMAP based) next to the POP3 one with the same name?

Like this..

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 [​IMG]

Thanks!

:)

tfwul, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

outlook account config

is the email account he is using IMAP or POP3?

Solaris17, Nov 23, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

He want to set it up as an IMAP account. Most email providers that support POP3 generally support IMAP. If his doesn't, he needs to find a provider that keeps up with the times...

newtekie1, Nov 23, 2018
  4. 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Pop3 from Imap

Hi Max,

Kindly be guided that IMAP settings was designed with no option to convert an email to POP3. What we can do is to: (1) Add your POP3 email account. (2) Transfer your mail folders and (3) Remove your current IMAP Account.

For your future reference, we found recommended links related to your concern that you may bookmark on your browser. Please refer on the articles below:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Barbara Cue, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

1. 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 - Similar Threads - 365 possible create

2. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  3. Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?: Hi, One of the family members got a windows computer from the school lab where she worked. They gave the computer away when they were cleaning up the inventory. But right now I can't login to this computer at home. When I turned it on, it directly goes to the school...
  4. How to change the protocol used by the Mail Application in Windows 10 from IMAP to POP3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the protocol used by the Mail Application in Windows 10 from IMAP to POP3?: I wanted a way to change the protocol used by the Mail Application in Windows 10 for all my accounts, Gmail as well as Hotmail and Outlook. Is there any way I can change the protocol?...
  5. Create an account using work 365 account

Create an account using work 365 account: I just picked up the surface pro 7 mainly for work purposes. I want to set up a log in that uses my work 365 account. When I go to add another user I select other user. It wont allow me to use my office 365 account to sign in. Is it possible to sign in with an office 365...
  6. Is it no longer possible to create a local account on Windows10?

Is it no longer possible to create a local account on Windows10?: I am tired of everything on my PC being linked to my hotmail address that I don't even use. I'd like to just have a local account so that it feels less like Microsoft is stalking everything I do (even though I know deep down they do anyway.) I have been trying to find...
  7. Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address: Hi, I was all morning long in contact with agents from the office team. My problem : My dad (the owner of the account) configured his professional email address (ex: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) as an POP3 on his computer with Windows mail 2012. He...
  8. New user accounts being created - possibly virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New user accounts being created - possibly virus: I noticed today that 3 new accounts had been created yesterday on my computer. So today I ran Avast, Malware Bytes, and Microsoft Defender. All three came back clean. These accounts each has 10 files added, and had been created with three permissions: "Read and...
  9. Problem adding a POP3 email account

in Browsers and Email
    Problem adding a POP3 email account: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 but the mail tile won't allow me to add my usual POP3 email account. I have entered all details correctly as in Outlook Express, but it won't sync and then gives me an error code. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 15063
  10. Is it possible to create a hidden account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to create a hidden account?: Hello friends of the forum. I need to create an admin account in our home computer, but it needs to be a hidden account. Is it possible? I have access to everything in the computer, and I also had replaced the utilman.exe with the command line, to use it on the system...