Windows 10: 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Discus and support 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 365 Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97. Recently changed to 365. It is installed on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Nov 23, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Office 365
    Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97.
    Recently changed to 365.
    It is installed on my desktop. Not yet on my laptop.
    It is still using POP3/PST.

Sofar I have been very, I mean very, reluctant to switching IMAP (just do a Google search on : IMAP problems)
    I intend to switch to IMAP and OST, because I want to synchronize my laptop with my desktop.
    Have already applied the registry change changing OST path (ForceOSTPath) on both desktop and laptop.

Just want to make sure, before proceeding and maybe get conflicts:
    can I create a new Outlook profile (IMAP based) next to the POP3 one with the same name?

Like this..

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 [​IMG]

Thanks!

:)

tfwul, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

outlook account config

is the email account he is using IMAP or POP3?

Solaris17, Nov 23, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

He want to set it up as an IMAP account. Most email providers that support POP3 generally support IMAP. If his doesn't, he needs to find a provider that keeps up with the times...

newtekie1, Nov 23, 2018
  4. 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

Pop3 from Imap

Hi Max,

Kindly be guided that IMAP settings was designed with no option to convert an email to POP3. What we can do is to: (1) Add your POP3 email account. (2) Transfer your mail folders and (3) Remove your current IMAP Account.

For your future reference, we found recommended links related to your concern that you may bookmark on your browser. Please refer on the articles below:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Barbara Cue, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3

1. 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3 - Similar Threads - 365 possible create

2. Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail: I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google login and password and I got the 2FA prompt on my phone correctly. So far everything works. One machine refuses to do so and...
  3. Can't create new profile to add 365 account into Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't create new profile to add 365 account into Outlook: Hope I've put this in the right category, it's a bit of a crossover between a few. I have a domain user that is unable to add their email into Outlook. They have downloaded the installer from the portal, then when they run outlook and enter their email address, they get an...
  4. New user accounts being created - possibly virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New user accounts being created - possibly virus: I noticed today that 3 new accounts had been created yesterday on my computer. So today I ran Avast, Malware Bytes, and Microsoft Defender. All three came back clean. These accounts each has 10 files added, and had been created with three permissions: "Read and...
  5. Is it possible to link multiple FPP license on same Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to link multiple FPP license on same Microsoft Account?: Just wonder since I prepare to buy a new PC. Is it possible to linked 2 or more FPP license like 2 Windows 10 Home on same Microsoft Account, if I can then is there any way to manage it like Office365 subscription?...
  6. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder: Hi folks I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the other ones (that's correct) and on mobile phone. However if I delete emails they get moved (correctly) to the trash folder....
  7. error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account

in Browsers and Email
    error in Mail app trying to sync pop3 account: I've configured my pop3 account in the Mail app and it gives me error 0x080072af9 when trying to sync for the first time [img] 16147
  8. Problem adding a POP3 email account

in Browsers and Email
    Problem adding a POP3 email account: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 but the mail tile won't allow me to add my usual POP3 email account. I have entered all details correctly as in Outlook Express, but it won't sync and then gives me an error code. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 15063
  9. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...
  10. Is it possible to create a hidden account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to create a hidden account?: Hello friends of the forum. I need to create an admin account in our home computer, but it needs to be a hidden account. Is it possible? I have access to everything in the computer, and I also had replaced the utilman.exe with the command line, to use it on the system...