Windows 10: 365 Word quick access open file stopped working

Discus and support 365 Word quick access open file stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My open file shortcut in Office 365 Word doesn't work now after updates were pushed through last night. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mary Havran, Mar 10, 2019.

1. 365 Word quick access open file stopped working

My open file shortcut in Office 365 Word doesn't work now after updates were pushed through last night. Any suggestions?

:)

Mary Havran, Mar 10, 2019

2. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 10, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

365 Word quick access open file stopped working

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

365 Word quick access open file stopped working [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

365 Word quick access open file stopped working

1. 365 Word quick access open file stopped working - Similar Threads - 365 Word quick

2. Home - Quick Access Stopped Working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home - Quick Access Stopped Working after update: Home Quick Access Shortcuts disappeared, and the "Pin to Quick access" command stopped working after the latest Windows 11 update. Cleaning deleting associated file and other solutions were tried and did not help....
  3. Quick Access stops working for several users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access stops working for several users: I have a scenario where several users are getting the error of doc file is corrupted when trying to pin items to quick access I have tried the below del /F /Q %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\* del /F /Q %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\* del...
  4. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files: For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network files. But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files that I was just using...
  5. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  6. Quick Access not working

Quick Access not working: On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to QA work. I do not...
  7. Win10 Pro open file explorer to quick access not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Pro open file explorer to quick access not working: Hi there. For some reason, File Explorer keeps opening to This PC. I've tried changing the option within File Explorer to Quick Access. I've restarted the process, restarted the computer. Changed the option to This PC and then back to Quick Access. Changed the relevant...
  8. Quick Access File doesn't work

Quick Access File doesn't work: Hello, After upgraded from W10 1703 to W10 1809 I have an issue, so far luckly in just two computers (one is mine :-| ). The symptom is that Office 2010 cannot store the recent files open. I can see just the recent folders. I have spent time to search some options or so......
  9. Quick access not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access not working: Some folks may not know what Quick access is, if you open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer as it used to be), on the left hand side menu in first place you have Quick access with a blue star icon. I recently reinstalled Windows and QA worked for a while, but at some point...
  10. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible: Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed. If I click on random folder in file browser part and choose rightclick menu Pin to Quick access, I get error message Incorect parameter. Weird, appreciate any...