Windows 10: 3D Applications/Games Crashing 3 Different Systems?

Discus and support 3D Applications/Games Crashing 3 Different Systems? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. Allow me to attempt to detail the last few days. I have 3 PC's in my possession currently. Here are the specs for all 3:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XAGMNINETY, Jan 4, 2020.

1. 3D Applications/Games Crashing 3 Different Systems?

Hello, everyone.

Allow me to attempt to detail the last few days.

I have 3 PC's in my possession currently. Here are the specs for all 3:

WORKSTATION:
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x @4.0 GHz
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Arctic MX-4 applied
    EVGA Geforce GTX 970 4 GB SC
    ASUS WiFi Card
    Elgato HD60 Pro Capture Card
    MSI X470 GAMING PRO MB
    Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16 GB
    500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD
    1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM HDD
    8 TB Seagate Barracuda Compute HDD
    500w Corsair 80+ PSU Non-Modular
    Fractal Focus G Case w/1 extra Noctua 12 Fan
    Total Wattage via PCPP- ~389 W

GAMING:
    Intel i7-9700K OC @ 4.9 GHz
    Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX Black Arctic MX-4 applied
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Ti SC 8 GB BLACK
    MSI Z390 GAMING EDGE AC MB
    Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 16 GB
    500 GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVME SSD
    1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD
    650w EVGA G5 SuperNOVA 80+ Gold Modular PSU
    Fractal Meshify C Case w/1 extra Noctua 12 Fan
    Total Wattage via PCPP- ~425 W

MOBILE:

MAINGEAR VECTOR
    Intel i7-9750h @ 4 GHz -120 Undervolt
    Repasted with Arctic MX-4
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti SC BLACK
    VECTOR Stock MB
    VECTOR Stock DDR4-2666 16 GB
    1 TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVME SSD
    100-250w Power Brick @ 19.5 V

For reference, the Gaming Machine is plugged into its own socket, while the Workstation is plugged into the dedicated plug on a high-end GE Power Strip that currently only powers an LED light for my desk and my 24 inch monitor.

Every single one of these machines has been crashing in 3D applications over the past two weeks.

It started on my workstation, when I ran a casual UserBenchMark and noticed that my GTX 970, once running in the 85th percentile, was now failing multiple GPU benches and straight up giving me an error on the "Sphere" benchmark. Following this, I ran a 3DMark Firestrike, but the result was excellent almost 12000, IIRC. Playing Rocket League and MCC over the next few days, however, would yield multiple Gray Screen crashes, which I understand to be a Graphics Driver failure. I also crashed, without fail, whenever I attempted to change any Graphics settings in-game. Anti-Aliasing, shadows, you name it. Crash. I wondered for a bit if the PSU was supplying enough power, as well, but again, there's about a 100w overhead of the system despite the Ryzen being a power hog and the EVGA Power Supply is not cheaply made and worked without issue for the 6 months that I've owned it. Naturally, I was resigned that either my card or my PSU was on the way out, despite showing zero signs of degradation previously.

Until the exact same processes started with my 1070 Ti. UserBenchMark failed the exact same multiple tests, games began to crash, and I can't change major settings without a crash. With this, I could almost certainly rule out power, as the two machines are on two different circuits within my house and the 650w Modular has a 33+% wattage overhead for my system at max load. Which was a relief, I suppose. It also almost certainly ruled out Card failure, as well, as the likelihood of both cards failing in the exact same way is infinitesimal. The Laptop fails similarly, for what it's worth, except for giving me a complete failure for some of the tests in UBM it just gives me something like 0.2 FPS in Sphere. Games still crash if settings are attempted to be changed, most recently NFS Hot Pursuit with Shadow Detail.

This leads me to believe this is a massive driver/OS problem. All of my machines are obsessively and unhealthily updated to the latest drivers and OS revisions. I read somewhere that the nVidia CP was recently transferred away from its own application and now, for some godforsaken reason, runs through the Windows Store. At surface level, that seems like a massive change, so perhaps that's the culprit.

Troubleshooting steps ran:

Removed Overclocks on all CPUs and GPUs, no effect.
    Removed all Overclocking Software from all PCs via clean uninstall, no effect.
    Removed nVidia Drivers via Clean DDU uninstall through Safe Mode, no effect.
    Changed the "Ultimate Performance" preset in Windows CP to Performance and Balanced power modes, no effect.

My current suspicion is it's the latest revision of Windows. Perhaps I'll try rolling it back sometime in the next few days.

Any help or commiseration about this issue would be greatly appreciated. I can post nVidia CP settings if need be.

Thanks.

X

:)

XAGMNINETY, Jan 4, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware on 3D games

I have Windows 10 with Radeon HD 5670. Since month or so all games using 3D graphics hang the error message Application Has Been Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware

This is similar thing to application-has-been-blocked-from-accessing-graphics-hardware, just it hangs with all the 3D games.

Games I tried: Lego Harry Potter, Minecraft, Test Drive Unlimited. It takes no more than two minutes to have the screen blinking for several seconds and games crash.

I tried some googled out solutions, like:

• graphic card driver update
    • removing all graphics drivers with DDU utility from guru3d
    • ran System File Checker and DISM commands as described here
    • editing TdrDelay in registry as described in fix 3 here

I thought it may be some hardware issue, took out the graphics card, cleaned it up from dust, installed awesome Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget and MSI Kombustor (v3 didn't worked for me for some reason, but v2 worked fine). Kombustor shown this is no overheating nor hardware issue, as tests ran from it took everything from GPU without hanging anything and temperature below 70 Celsius. And games crashed without much load at low temperatures.

And everything worked all fine just a month ago. Maybe some windows update broke it?

BartBiczBoży, Jan 4, 2020
  4. 3D Applications/Games Crashing 3 Different Systems?

Forizon Horizon 3 radom crash

Hi Tyler,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why Forza Horizon 3 keeps on crashing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this concern with your other games?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

3D Applications/Games Crashing 3 Different Systems?

1. 3D Applications/Games Crashing 3 Different Systems? - Similar Threads - Applications Games Crashing

2. Systems & Applications Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Systems & Applications Crashes: Hi, hope everyone is well.I've been having an issue with my computer that I cannot troubleshoot for the life of me. I have been having random crashes on applications and Windows itself - BSODs are frequent I'll have a couple a day and Discord / Firefox crashes too often to...
  3. Systems & Applications Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Systems & Applications Crashes: Hi, hope everyone is well.I've been having an issue with my computer that I cannot troubleshoot for the life of me. I have been having random crashes on applications and Windows itself - BSODs are frequent I'll have a couple a day and Discord / Firefox crashes too often to...
  4. Persistent System and Application Crashes

Persistent System and Application Crashes: Hello,I am experiencing continuous system crashes and errors on a PC. So far, I have re-installed Windows using a new image, replaced the hard drive, and conducted memory checks, including MemTest86, and disk scans. The errors still persist. I encounter BSODs mentioning...
  5. Persistent System and Application Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent System and Application Crashes: Hello,I am experiencing continuous system crashes and errors on a PC. So far, I have re-installed Windows using a new image, replaced the hard drive, and conducted memory checks, including MemTest86, and disk scans. The errors still persist. I encounter BSODs mentioning...
  6. recent crashes when using 3d heavy applications such as games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent crashes when using 3d heavy applications such as games.: Below is the contents of the .dmp file from my recent crashes. I have an Nvidia geforce RTX 3060 TI for reference. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but problems persist. Is it a hardware issue?...
  7. recent crashes when using 3d heavy applications such as games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent crashes when using 3d heavy applications such as games.: Below is the contents of the .dmp file from my recent crashes. I have an Nvidia geforce RTX 3060 TI for reference. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but problems persist. Is it a hardware issue?...
  8. recent crashes when using 3d heavy applications such as games.

9. Consistently crashing 3D applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistently crashing 3D applications: At seemingly random moments, 3D applications are crashing in the latest Windows 11 stable releaseversion 22H2 build 22621.755 running on AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and AMD Radeon RX5700XT. Applications that use 3D processing either don't use the system resources, or if they do will...
  10. Consistently crashing 3D applications

Consistently crashing 3D applications: At seemingly random moments, 3D applications are crashing in the latest Windows 11 stable releaseversion 22H2 build 22621.755 running on AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and AMD Radeon RX5700XT. Applications that use 3D processing either don't use the system resources, or if they do will...