Windows 10: 3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture...

Discus and support 3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently updated 3D builder to 16.1.1431.0. I found that after color a part to white through 3D builder (100% coverage), then brush... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xin-C, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Xin-C Win User

3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture...

Hello,

I recently updated 3D builder to 16.1.1431.0.

I found that after color a part to white through 3D builder (100% coverage), then brush certain area to a texture map, the rest of the part no longer remains white color. The part looked fine in 3D builder, but the "white area" looked gray in the other programs (such as Netfabb, Mixed Reality Review). If I changed the base color from white to other colors (such as green), then the part looked as intended (green colored part with a texture map in specified area).

Is this a known issue when should we expect the fix?

thanks!

:)

Xin-C, Jun 25, 2019

2. 3D Builder issue. No textures

Hello

I have created a .obj file in photoshop. I have the texture files and the .mtl file but 3D builder does not ask for them when I import my model, giving me a blank model. How do I tell 3D builder to use the .mtl file and textures?

Many thanks

James

jamestech99, Jun 25, 2019
  3. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 25, 2019
  4. 3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture...

Add textures to 3D Builder

I would like to know how you can add textures to 3D builder. Not how to apply them to the model, but to actually add custom textures into the option tray for use.

Kap n Krunk 84, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture...

1. 3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture... - Similar Threads - builder 1431 defect

2. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  3. 3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color: I have a model that I generated in Houdini that stores color as a point attribute. I export from Houdini as a GLTF and then import to 3D builder and export as a 3MF for 3D printing. I want to make a render in Maya but anytime I export as an OBJ there are no texture files...
  4. 3D Builder saving as .obj file with blank .mtl file - Textures/colors not saved?

3D Builder saving as .obj file with blank .mtl file - Textures/colors not saved?: I'm trying to make simple 3D objects with 3D builder. I have no trouble saving as .3mf but I need to save as .obj. When I do that, the .mtl material file that goes with it is blank, so the textures and colors I put on it are not saved. Is there a solution to this? How do I...
  5. Delete or replace downloaded textures lables in 3D Builder

Delete or replace downloaded textures lables in 3D Builder: Hello I need to replace the labels loaded in the material catalog with labels of a different design so that they do not have to be re-adapted to the shape again. How do i do this in 3d builder? [ATTACH]...
  6. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  7. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  8. 3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF

3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF: Hello, I am trying to 3D print some cabinets with our HP-MJF color printer. I have placed images onto the .STL file and everything looks great in the 3D builder but once I save the file out, most of the textures are missing. I have done this with some other cabinets and it...
  9. 3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print.

3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print.: Hello! I was recently using print3d/3d builder to paint a model so I could get a 3d print of it. Most of it was done with flat colors, but towards the end I used a few textures for the hat, eyes and skirt. So after many hours of work I got to this point; [ATTACH] and...
  10. 3d builder split white barrier

3d builder split white barrier: Hello everyone. I have recently got into the 3d modeling trend, and to start I am using the simple 3d Builder application. I really use the split tool quite a lot but recently, whenever I would split something, a white barrier would appear where I split it. I never...