Windows 10: 3D Builder can't export files

Discus and support 3D Builder can't export files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheoFontane, Nov 25, 2021.

1. 3D Builder can't export files

Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM. While running 3D Builder, the RAM is only used up to a maximum of 16 GB please see picture below. The single files have a total file size of 477 MB.What can I do to make it work again? I checked the Microsoft Support community and it seems that multiple users experience the same issue.Could you please look into it?

:)

TheoFontane, Nov 25, 2021

2. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 25, 2021
  3. How to export 3D Builder models to Source with colors?

Hi,

Regarding your concern about exporting file created by your application, we can definitely assist you transferring the file. To export your model, we suggest that you check this link for instruction:

3D Builder user’s guide.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Nov 25, 2021
  4. 3D Builder can't export files

Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding exporting the OBJ files using 3D Builder.

I have researched on the issue and tried exporting couple of models in OBJ format, and found that currently the option to accept the prompts automatically for MTL and PNG files, after selecting the location to export the OBJ file.

I commend you for bringing this to our notice, as it can be useful for other users as well who export OBJ files using 3D Builder app. Hence, I would suggest you to provide your valuable feedback regarding the same on
    Feedback Hub app so
    our engineering team can look into this for you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

3D Builder can't export files

1. 3D Builder can't export files - Similar Threads - Builder can't export

2. Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?: Hi,I have made some 3D models in Windows 3D Builder and I have exported them as .obj files. The .mtl file saves as normal and is saved in the same location with the same name. When importing it into a stage lighting visualisation software, "Syncronorm Depence R3", the model...
  3. Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?: Hi,I have made some 3D models in Windows 3D Builder and I have exported them as .obj files. The .mtl file saves as normal and is saved in the same location with the same name. When importing it into a stage lighting visualisation software, "Syncronorm Depence R3", the model...
  4. 3D Builder Batch File

3D Builder Batch File: Hello,Is there a way to create a batch file so that 3D Builder sequentially imports OBJs from a certain folder, sets the scale to mm, then exports the file to an STL to another folder?I have hundreds of OBJs that I need to convert to STL, and repair them in 3D builder if...
  5. 3D Builder can't export files

3D Builder can't export files: Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM....
  6. 3D Builder can't export files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3D Builder can't export files: Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM....
  7. 3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color

3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color: I have a model that I generated in Houdini that stores color as a point attribute. I export from Houdini as a GLTF and then import to 3D builder and export as a 3MF for 3D printing. I want to make a render in Maya but anytime I export as an OBJ there are no texture files...
  8. Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder: Is there a way to simplify the OBJ export feature in 3D Builder for Windows 10? At present I’m importing GLB repair and export. When exporting as OBJ I have many file save prompts - first OBJ, then MTL, then literally 100s of PNG baked texture files. Is there any way around...
  9. Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint

Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint: I can successfully import a .gltf animated file into 3D Builder but I can't find a way of exporting it so I can use the animated 3D model in PowerPoint. There are built in models but no way of making them yourself it seems. Help!...
  10. 3D Builder .dae files

3D Builder .dae files: Is there anyway possible to allow 3D Builder to support .dae files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-dae-files/c6ef4b59-35e0-4619-bb3a-b304c8c65cfb