Windows 10: 3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects

Discus and support 3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm really disappointed at all the changes made to 3D builder after the last update. They broke tons of functionality and added none it seems. I'm... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MrBryanD, Nov 6, 2018.

1. MrBryanD Win User

3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects

I'm really disappointed at all the changes made to 3D builder after the last update. They broke tons of functionality and added none it seems.

I'm trying to place an object inside of another so I can use the subtract functionality, but it seems that there is some lock turned on where I can't move anything inside of any other object. Almost like a setting where it prevents any objects from overlapping others.

There has to be a way to turn this off because it would make the intersect and subtract functions completely useless.

Help?

:)

MrBryanD, Nov 6, 2018
  2. MrBryanD Win User

3D Builder can't intersect or place objects inside of other objects

I'm really disappointed at all the changes made to 3D builder after the last update. They broke tons of functionality and added none it seems.

I'm trying to place an object inside of another so I can use the subtract functionality, but it seems that there is some lock turned on where I can't move anything inside of any other object. Almost like a setting where it prevents any objects from overlapping
    others.

There has to be a way to turn this off because it would make the intersect and subtract functions completely useless.

Help?

MrBryanD, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Object in Microsoft 3D Builder

Could you tell me how to make annotations if I want to show dimensions of the object in Microsoft 3D Builder?

I’d like to demonstrate the object with its size on a 3D viewer. Thank you.

PatriceLaporte, Nov 6, 2018
  4. 3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects

Red silhouette of the object appears when using substract tool on 3D Builder

Original title:- 3d Builder - Red Silhouettes

When using the Subtract tool in 3-D Builder, I sometimes am left with a red silhouette of the object I subtracted, or part of the object. It is registering as part of the remaining shape so I can't delete it. I have tried undo, then redoing the subtract
    & get the same result.
    3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects 85e80ad5-aca1-4eda-8757-f73959ec7b29.png

SeamusX447, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects

1. 3D Builder can't intersect, subtract or place objects inside of other objects - Similar Threads - Builder can't intersect

2. 3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object: I am attempting to use 3D Builder to cut a cylinder out of another cylinder, in effect creating a pipe with length, outer diameter and inner diameter up to my specifications. The goal is to export to .obj and use in Adobe Dimension. Dimension has a "Pipe" object but the inner...
  3. 3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object: I am attempting to use 3D Builder to cut a cylinder out of another cylinder, in effect creating a pipe with length, outer diameter and inner diameter up to my specifications. The goal is to export to .obj and use in Adobe Dimension. Dimension has a "Pipe" object but the inner...
  4. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Measuring an object In 3d builder: I have a ships hull in 3d builder imported from Delftship which is 460mm long. I want to split it into 3 pieces to fit on my printer. How can I split it so that each section is sized to the exact length?...
  5. Measuring an object In 3d builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Measuring an object In 3d builder: I have a ships hull in 3d builder imported from Delftship which is 460mm long. I want to split it into 3 pieces to fit on my printer. How can I split it so that each section is sized to the exact length?...
  6. Measuring an object In 3d builder

7. 3D Builder Hollow Objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder Hollow Objects: Hello, I Was using 3D Buider Recently And It Was Fine Until Suddenly 3D Builder Started Automaticcly Hollowing Random 3D Objects, Lokking Really Weird And Not Being Able To Texture Them. I Run The Latest Version Of Windows 10. Can Someone Explain What's Happening?...
  8. 3D Builder Hollow Objects

3D Builder Hollow Objects: Hello, I Was using 3D Buider Recently And It Was Fine Until Suddenly 3D Builder Started Automaticcly Hollowing Random 3D Objects, Lokking Really Weird And Not Being Able To Texture Them. I Run The Latest Version Of Windows 10. Can Someone Explain What's Happening?...
  9. 3D Builder Hollow Objects

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. Align Objects in 3D Builder

Align Objects in 3D Builder: Hello, i am wondering how to align objects in 3d builder exactly , e.g. different circles should have the same center Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/align-objects-in-3d-builder/0a5b8f12-d463-4e7b-8526-53607c3b2170

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d builder subtract

2. how to intersect in 3d builder

3. 3d builder subtract greyed out

4. 3d builder subtract greyed out?,
  5. 3d builder cant select subtract,
  6. microsoft 3d builder subtract,
  7. 3D builder subtract disabled,
  8. 3D builder objects wont merge,
  9. intersect in 3d builder,
  10. intersect objects paint 3d