Windows 10: 3D Builder fails loading and fixing a VRML file

Discus and support 3D Builder fails loading and fixing a VRML file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm saving a VRML file with KiCad, that's initially correctly loaded with 3D Builder. However it tells me that some object definitions are incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LMGCb, Jul 22, 2021.

1. LMGCb Win User

3D Builder fails loading and fixing a VRML file

I'm saving a VRML file with KiCad, that's initially correctly loaded with 3D Builder. However it tells me that some object definitions are incorrect and need to be fixed: if I accept to do that the final objects are totally wrong, as shown belowNow this happens with any file I export from KiCad, no matter how complex, so it's quite easy to reproduce.Did anybody experience that? Any fixes?I can provide an example VRML file on request

:)

LMGCb, Jul 22, 2021

2. 3D Builder WRL import errors 0x80004005

Would it be possible for you to post a .wrl file that 3D Builder will
    load?

This file:

#VRML V2.0 utf8

Box {

size 4 4 4

}

could hardly be simpler but it gets a 80004005 'Undefined' error.

Thanks.

Richard_Hollands, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    3D Builder file saving

Hello,

According to our user’s guide page found
    here
    , 3D Builder currently supports the following file formats:

• 3MF
    • OBJ
    • PLY
    • STL

You can check this related discussion thread
    here
    about saving files to different formats in 3D Builder.

We hope the information we provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 22, 2021
  4. 3D Builder fails loading and fixing a VRML file

3D Builder WRL import errors 0x80004005

Buriedcrazy,

I'm a Microsoft engineer from the 3D Builder team. I went around to some of the developers and asked them what might be goin on here.

I found out that version 1 WRL files are not supported by 3D Builder and will give the same error you are seeing if they are opened in 3D Builder.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have any way of getting your files in an updated WRL file format? or in some other 3D Builder supported format (3MF, STL, OBJ, PLY, FBX, WRL (VRML), DAE, 3DS, and DXF)?

Thanks to your feedback we will be updating the app so in the future when people try to load WRL Version 1 files they get a better error message explaining what is actually wrong, instead of the error code.

Thanks! Please let us know if you have any other troubles or feedback.

CBGrant [MSFT], Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

3D Builder fails loading and fixing a VRML file

1. 3D Builder fails loading and fixing a VRML file - Similar Threads - Builder fails loading

2. 3D Builder not fixing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder not fixing anything: Hello microsoft team,Basically I was making a small side project on 3d builder. I converted it to STL, it worked fine for a couple of days, then the next day it decided that part of my model was invalidly defined and prompted me to fix it. I pressed the button that...
  3. 3D Builder not fixing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder not fixing anything: Hello microsoft team,Basically I was making a small side project on 3d builder. I converted it to STL, it worked fine for a couple of days, then the next day it decided that part of my model was invalidly defined and prompted me to fix it. I pressed the button that...
  4. Microsoft 3D builder isn't loading files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 3D builder isn't loading files.: I just built a 3d model. I saved it. The other I was trying to open it again but this happen. I loaded in and then 5 second later it closes.The format is NOT the original format. It's glb format. How could this be?...
  5. Microsoft 3D builder isn't loading files.

Microsoft 3D builder isn't loading files.: I just built a 3d model. I saved it. The other I was trying to open it again but this happen. I loaded in and then 5 second later it closes.The format is NOT the original format. It's glb format. How could this be?...
  6. 3D Builder Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder Batch File: Hello,Is there a way to create a batch file so that 3D Builder sequentially imports OBJs from a certain folder, sets the scale to mm, then exports the file to an STL to another folder?I have hundreds of OBJs that I need to convert to STL, and repair them in 3D builder if...
  7. 3D Builder Batch File

3D Builder Batch File: Hello,Is there a way to create a batch file so that 3D Builder sequentially imports OBJs from a certain folder, sets the scale to mm, then exports the file to an STL to another folder?I have hundreds of OBJs that I need to convert to STL, and repair them in 3D builder if...
  8. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  9. 3D builder installation failed

3D builder installation failed: Good day I am getting this error when i try to install 3d Builder App Installer failed to install package dependencies. Ask the developer for Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00 package....
  10. 3D Builder .dae files

3D Builder .dae files: Is there anyway possible to allow 3D Builder to support .dae files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-dae-files/c6ef4b59-35e0-4619-bb3a-b304c8c65cfb