Windows 10: 3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files

Discus and support 3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Community!!!! So, I have a 3MF model that I have painted and added stickers to in MS 3D Builder and then saved (this model will ultimately be full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ticking_fox, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files

Hi Community!!!!

So, I have a 3MF model that I have painted and added stickers to in MS 3D Builder and then saved (this model will ultimately be full colour 3D printed)

When I open the newly saved file in any other application (e.g. Netfabb, HP 3D build Stream) I have two issues:

1 - any surface painted white is loaded as grey (I can fix this by simply opening in Netfabb basic and re-saving as a new 3MF file without making any changes) it would seem that there is an issue with the 3D builder colour export. Can this be fixed to save having to do the intermediate open and save in Netfabb?

2 - The main issue that i've not managed to resolve is that where a sticker has been added in 3D Builder, when the file saved by 3D Builder is opened in any other software, the colouring and the sticker are both missing - see images attached.

Is this an issue with 3D Builder, can it be fixed, if not are there any other free editors that will allow similar modification of 3MF files?

3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files 31ca20d3-94f2-45f8-b921-1fc84d681064?upload=true.png

3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files 3769417c-8e15-4fe9-9cce-5593e3ffef3b?upload=true.png

Many thanks for any help that can be offered.

Ticking_Fox

:)

ticking_fox, Nov 5, 2019
  2. u00drk1 Win User

Importing Files in Paint 3D

I used a work around. The creative update comes with 3D builder as well, and 3D builder supports STL files. Then you can save it as a "3mf" file, and Paint 3D recognizes that file type.

u00drk1, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Exporting .3MF file with textures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and appreciate your effort in providing a clear information about the issue and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the version of 3D builder app installed?
    • Are you facing this with all the .3mf file or any specific .3mf file?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to Repair and if not fixed, then Reset the 3D builder app and then check, we reproduced the issue on our lab machine using 3D builder app and viewed the model using Paint
    3D and 3D Viewer app, the results were normal as expected.

Steps to repair or reset the app

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps, then select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and double click on 3D builder app.
    4. Click on Repair tab and follow the onscreen steps.
    5. Create a new model and then check it in
      Paint 3D and 3D Viewer app.
    6. If the issue persist then
      Reset
      the 3D builder app in the similar way.
    7. Create a new model and then check it in Paint 3D and 3D Viewer app.

As an additional resource, please refer this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Timmyklus Win User

3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files

3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF

Hello,

I am trying to 3D print some cabinets with our HP-MJF color printer. I have placed images onto the .STL file and everything looks great in the 3D builder but once I save the file out, most of the textures are missing. I have done this with some other cabinets
    and it has worked fine. not sure what is going on. I have tried opening the .3MF with Paint 3D and with the HP build manager and both have issues with the surfaces.

this is what the file looks like in 3D builder

This is what the file looks like when I try and open it within HP's 3d build manager

Timmyklus, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files

1. 3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files - Similar Threads - Builder issue adding

2. Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker: Whenever I use the magic select tool and make a sticker, it doesnt show up on the right and then immediately crashes, Ive tried resetting, repairing, uninstalling, literally nothing fixes it, and no other app I know has a cropping option as easy to use as magic select, so...
  3. Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker: Whenever I use the magic select tool and make a sticker, it doesnt show up on the right and then immediately crashes, Ive tried resetting, repairing, uninstalling, literally nothing fixes it, and no other app I know has a cropping option as easy to use as magic select, so...
  4. Microsoft Paint 3D sticker copyright

Microsoft Paint 3D sticker copyright: Hi thereI'm developing a mobile application for my company and have been using Paint 3D to create layouts for certain functionalities. One functionality is that of an icon, and I have used the standard stickers i.e. sunglasses, rainbow, etc. for these. I tried to look for...
  5. 3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color

3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color: I have a model that I generated in Houdini that stores color as a point attribute. I export from Houdini as a GLTF and then import to 3D builder and export as a 3MF for 3D printing. I want to make a render in Maya but anytime I export as an OBJ there are no texture files...
  6. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  7. Paint 3D sticker. Layered or overwriting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paint 3D sticker. Layered or overwriting?: Is placing a sticker in a PNG to cover a face , permanent?. Does the sticker actually overwrite the pixels or is it a layer ? I need to post this picture online, but due to privacy laws i can not show some faces.. So i want to know if someone can then download this picture...
  8. 3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF

3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF: Hello, I am trying to 3D print some cabinets with our HP-MJF color printer. I have placed images onto the .STL file and everything looks great in the 3D builder but once I save the file out, most of the textures are missing. I have done this with some other cabinets and it...
  9. Homemade stickers in Paint 3D

Homemade stickers in Paint 3D: I've been working on a project making stickers of myself and friends. But I have not found a library of my created (home made) stickers. Is there one somewhere (other than the 3D Objects system folder)? I don't know a lot, but it seems there should be an in-app library...
  10. Saving a sticker in paint 3D

Saving a sticker in paint 3D: The only way I seem to be able to get the background to be transparent, is by making my picture into a sticker. I want to be able to use this as a cover for an electronical story I am writing on Episode Interactive so I want to put my sticker on the background I have created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d builder stickers dont save