Windows 10: 3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available

Discus and support 3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Pretty sure this is a bug that REALLY should be fixed: This is NOT a cylinder nor a sphere in the pic above, so it's shape clearly needs 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ingo Miosga, Feb 26, 2021.

1. 3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available

3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available 1a572ad7-704f-4dcb-bbde-5498138efedb?upload=true.jpg

Pretty sure this is a bug that REALLY should be fixed: This is NOT a cylinder nor a sphere in the pic above, so it's shape clearly needs 3 rotational Axis.
    However, maybe because I substracted a cylinder at some point, two axis are aligned, so there are only two possible rotations left for use.

Why even bother reducing the rotational axis for some shapes?...can't think of any benefit implementing this distinction in the first place, to be honest - just keep all 3 Axis functional regardless of the shape you're dealing with!

:)

Ingo Miosga, Feb 26, 2021
  2. C2CAREY Win User

3D Builder rotation axis names are backwards

In 3D Builder, to rotate in the X axis, the axis running left to right, one uses the Roll field.

To rotate in the Y axis, the axis from the initial location off to the horizon, one uses the Pitch field.

These are not aligned with aeronautical engineering, which predates 3D Builder by several decades of use.

In an airplane, if the wing tips are spinning around the center of the fuselage, the Y axis, that is a Roll manouver.

In an airplane, as you take off, the nose of the craft lifts up, Pitching the aircraft, increasing the wing's angle of attack and increases lift.

Yaw is OK, since the Z axis is vertical, and in an airplane the rudder pedals wag the tail of the airplane.

I hope that with the next major update, Roll and Pitch labels can swap places.

C2CAREY, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    3D Builder and Printrbot Metal Simple X-Axis Upgrade

Hi,

3D Builder is an application that allows you to create, view, and print 3D models. The application also allows you to build or import files to be used in 3D printing. Regarding your query about setting the bed size in 3D
    Builder, we suggest posting your query on the
    MSDN forums
    . Our community developer will be able to provide you recommendations and assist you with your query.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Clark Ari, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available

Ferdz Amp, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available

1. 3D Builder: Only two of three rotational axis available - Similar Threads - Builder three rotational

2. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  3. 3D builder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3D builder: First of all. I am a big fan of 3D builder. I use it for 3D modelling when I restore, repair or build things, from tables to houses. As a retired from IT everything I love the combination Powerpoint 2007 for drawings and 3d builder for modelling. I don't have to learn another...
  4. 3D Builder Problem merging two objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder Problem merging two objects: I have not been able to get two models to merge, even with allowing the computer to continue over night. I have seen other posts on this but no solution. I can provide the 3mf files of the two objects if helpful. I am using a Lenovo Legion 5 laptop....
  5. 3d builder

3d builder: how do i use web cam to import item and how do i cut off unusable area of item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/03d7c266-6837-4186-ac60-576e54df1985
  6. 3D Builder rotation axis names are backwards

3D Builder rotation axis names are backwards: In 3D Builder, to rotate in the X axis, the axis running left to right, one uses the Roll field. To rotate in the Y axis, the axis from the initial location off to the horizon, one uses the Pitch field. These are not aligned with aeronautical engineering, which predates 3D...
  7. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  8. 3D Builder Two Yaws, no Roll!

3D Builder Two Yaws, no Roll!: When I insert a cylinder, and wish to rotate it, I do not have the option to apply roll. enclosed is a screenshot which demonstrates that I have a set of "pitch" controls and two sets of "yaw" controls but no "roll" controls. How do I roll this ovalised cylinder, please? NB...
  9. Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder

Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder: I seem to have a problem with 3D Builder where sometimes when I try to move an object to a precise co-ordinate, the app sometimes moves it a tiny little bit to either side of the axis. For example, if I tried to move something to 817x, it would move to 817.0001x, and if I...
  10. 3D builder

3D builder: How i can change manuely thickness of an objet without affect width and height? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/6af42020-38cd-4dca-aa64-da080ba69625