Windows 10: 3D Builder - saved last night - opened this morning, "invalidly defined, click here to...

Discus and support 3D Builder - saved last night - opened this morning, "invalidly defined, click here to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was working on a model last night in 3D builder. I saved it when I was ready to call it a night. I opened it this morning. The model was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThomasTheobald1, Mar 2, 2021.

1. 3D Builder - saved last night - opened this morning, "invalidly defined, click here to...

I was working on a model last night in 3D builder.

I saved it when I was ready to call it a night.

I opened it this morning. The model was "invalidly defined, click here to repair".

Repairing is hung. It does not progress past about the 80% mark. It has been hung for HOURS.

This bug has been here for YEARS. How is it that you guys still haven't fixed it?

:)

ThomasTheobald1, Mar 2, 2021

2. "One or more objects are invalidly defined" error in 3D builder

Br0puNs3I,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm an engineer on the 3D Builder team.

There is a known issue with subtracting that can cause glitch-looking cutaways. The "invalidly defined" popup is just fixing the invalidity of the mesh, not trying to correct the glitch-looking cutaway.

We appreciate your feedback and are planning on addressing the shortcomings of the subtract feature in the future. If you have any other feedback please let us know here in the forums, or as Gino Des suggests in the feedback hub.

Thanks again!

CBGrant [MSFT], Mar 2, 2021
  3. Br0puNs3l Win User
    "One or more objects are invalidly defined" error in 3D builder

Occasionally, while subtracting from an item in 3D builder, it says one or more objects are invalidly defined. click here to repair, and I click there and it does nothing but cancel the message and leave the glitch-looking cutaway section. Is there any way
    to prevent this or actually fix it, or is it just a free program that I shouldn't expect much from?

Original subject: 3D builder

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Br0puNs3l, Mar 2, 2021
  4. 3D Builder - saved last night - opened this morning, "invalidly defined, click here to...

3D builder doesnt open

So 3D builder has been working just fine, turn my win10 on this morning and now 3D builder won't launch. Anyone one have suggestions?

TreverHoward, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

3D Builder - saved last night - opened this morning, "invalidly defined, click here to...

1. 3D Builder - saved last night - opened this morning, "invalidly defined, click here to... - Similar Threads - Builder saved last

2. 3D Builder Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder Won't Open: 3D Builder and 3D Viewer do not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3D Builder multiple times and updated my computer. It just won't open. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-wont-open/708abd38-7ca3-4aaf-a524-345142c347a2
  3. 3D Builder Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder Won't Open: 3D Builder and 3D Viewer do not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3D Builder multiple times and updated my computer. It just won't open. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-wont-open/708abd38-7ca3-4aaf-a524-345142c347a2
  4. Trouble with saving in Microsoft 3D Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with saving in Microsoft 3D Builder: I am trying to put a 3d model together that I purchased from etsy, there are about 15 files with different parts, but I inserted all the files in at once to create the full model, so I can save it as a full model to save time and have it 3d printed in one go. But when I save...
  5. Trouble with saving in Microsoft 3D Builder

Trouble with saving in Microsoft 3D Builder: I am trying to put a 3d model together that I purchased from etsy, there are about 15 files with different parts, but I inserted all the files in at once to create the full model, so I can save it as a full model to save time and have it 3d printed in one go. But when I save...
  6. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  7. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  8. Can't open auto saves in 3D builder.

Can't open auto saves in 3D builder.: I click to open them, but this happens. I really need to be able to open this as I am printing the specifically sliced parts and can't start over. The app closed on me randomly. [ATTACH]...
  9. Problem with 3D Builder after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with 3D Builder after last update: I cannot place one object inside another one after the last update. It seems that it cannot intersect or subtract the borders of the other object. It looks like there is a lock so I cannot move anything inside the objects. It is really irritating, I think the last update...
  10. 3D Builder Will Not Open

3D Builder Will Not Open: When System Restore Was Performed 3D Builder Stopped Working . How Do You Fix It https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_3dbuilder-win_issue3d/3d-builder-will-not-open/6919720c-ea02-4d73-aa85-47a420769345