Windows 10: 3D Builder smoothing issues

Discus and support 3D Builder smoothing issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have a 3D file which is fairly low poly. In 3D builder, the 'smoothing' filter makes the object look perfect,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laban Boldero, Jan 6, 2020.

1. 3D Builder smoothing issues

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help.

I have a 3D file which is fairly low poly.

In 3D builder, the 'smoothing' filter makes the object look perfect, nice crisp edges, but smoother surfaces.

As far as I know there's no UV or other data that's giving it the 'look' of being smooth, but when I try and use the smooth function, even at the lowest setting, everything is just smushed into a softer version of the mode with no crisp edges.

Is there any way to apply the smoothing filter to the acftual model then save it?

I want to 3D print a couple of items for friends, but don't want to have to load each file into ZBrush and smooth them all by hand when 3D builder appears to be able to do the job quickly.

Any advice?

3D Builder smoothing issues e5135d60-1627-47b2-a413-d78e4d879dab?upload=true.jpg

:)

Laban Boldero, Jan 6, 2020

2. can i upgrade 3d builder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the lag in 3D builder app. To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed?(Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the 3D builder app installed?

However, we would suggest you to these methods and check the 3D Builder app performance.

Method 1: Steps to reset the 3D Builder App.

1. Press Windows +I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, Select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Search for 3D Builder app in the list and click on it, then select
      Advanced options.
    4. Then click on Reset and then restart the PC and check if the issue persist. If it persist then perform
      method 2.

Method 2: Steps to Uninstall and reinstall the 3D Builder App.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard. Select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Type: Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
      and click on Enter.
    3. Type: Exit and click on Enter.
    4. Restart the PC. Open
      Microsoft Store
      app and reinstall
      3D builder app
    5. Check if the issue persists.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 6, 2020
  3. 3d builder image

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the 3D images that are created in 3D builder. To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed?(Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the 3D builder app installed?

However, we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the 3D Builder app.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard. Select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Type: Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
      and click on Enter.
    3. Type: Exit and click on Enter.
    4. Restart the PC.
      Open Microsoft Store app and reinstall
      3D builder app
    5. Check if the issue persists.

Also, Please follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots of the 3D images that became white. This will help us to understand the issue more clearly.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

3D Builder smoothing issues

Ferdz Amp, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

3D Builder smoothing issues

1. 3D Builder smoothing issues - Similar Threads - Builder smoothing issues

2. 3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object: I am attempting to use 3D Builder to cut a cylinder out of another cylinder, in effect creating a pipe with length, outer diameter and inner diameter up to my specifications. The goal is to export to .obj and use in Adobe Dimension. Dimension has a "Pipe" object but the inner...
  3. 3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object: I am attempting to use 3D Builder to cut a cylinder out of another cylinder, in effect creating a pipe with length, outer diameter and inner diameter up to my specifications. The goal is to export to .obj and use in Adobe Dimension. Dimension has a "Pipe" object but the inner...
  4. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  5. 3D builder issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D builder issues: I've made quite a few things with 3d builder but lately I've had problems. If I make an object say 2omm x 20,\mm everything is fine even when saved as an STL.But if I make an object 10mm x 10mm and save to STL, then the STL becomes 100mmx100mm. This only happens with small...
  6. 3D Builder Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder Resolution Issues: Hello, I have been using 3D builder to repair my stl files for a few months without issue, but I am experiencing a strange resolution issue, suddenly. Whenever I try to repair the latest series of files, it causes a weird texture/lowered resolution to appear. How can I stop...
  7. 3D Builder Resolution Issues

3D Builder Resolution Issues: Hello, I have been using 3D builder to repair my stl files for a few months without issue, but I am experiencing a strange resolution issue, suddenly. Whenever I try to repair the latest series of files, it causes a weird texture/lowered resolution to appear. How can I stop...
  8. 3D builder issues

3D builder issues: Is there ever going to be an update to fix 3D builder? Some of the STL files show that they need to be repaired. When you click repair , the progress bar goes about three quarters of the way up and stops. It never finishes the repair. I let it sit for six and a half hours one...
  9. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  10. 3D builder

3D builder: How i can change manuely thickness of an objet without affect width and height? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/6af42020-38cd-4dca-aa64-da080ba69625

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d builder lag