Windows 10: 3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print.

Discus and support 3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I was recently using print3d/3d builder to paint a model so I could get a 3d print of it. Most of it was done with flat colors, but towards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nekonny, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Nekonny Win User

3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print.

Hello!

I was recently using print3d/3d builder to paint a model so I could get a 3d print of it. Most of it was done with flat colors, but towards the end I used a few textures for the hat, eyes and skirt.

So after many hours of work I got to this point;

3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print. 86859c54-5a46-4000-a7f7-41aa4a2e4aed?upload=true.png

and I thought it would be a good time to see what it would look like on sculpteo. To my dismay, this is what the site rendered for me:

3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print. c0fcede6-4b23-41b5-971a-dfac25d5ca01?upload=true.png

I found the same issue happening if I tried to open it via Paint 3d. Haven't been able to find a "save as" combination that allows me to work around it.

I have a hunch that the discolored areas were created by the textures I applied, but why would only print3d/3dBuilder be able to read the file as it was intended?

Is there a way to salvage the hours of work on this or do I have to start again in another program? Thanks so much for any assistance with this,

Ron

:)

Nekonny, Jan 9, 2019

2. 3D Builder issue. No textures

Hello

I have created a .obj file in photoshop. I have the texture files and the .mtl file but 3D builder does not ask for them when I import my model, giving me a blank model. How do I tell 3D builder to use the .mtl file and textures?

Many thanks

James

jamestech99, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Exporting texture from mesh in 3D Builder

Hello
    Najm Hoda

Based on the 3D builder user guide that is found in this article, it currently supports the following file
    formats:

• 3MF
    • OBJ
    • PLY
    • STL

You can check this related discussion thread
    about saving files to different formats in 3D Builder. Given that,
    you can always submit your suggestions or feature requests on our
    Windows Feedback Hub

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our ability to serve you and other users of 3D Builder and Paint 3D. You can send your feedback or up-vote an existing feedback item by following the steps provided on this link.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Michelle Vil, Jan 9, 2019
  4. 3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print.

Add textures to 3D Builder

I would like to know how you can add textures to 3D builder. Not how to apply them to the model, but to actually add custom textures into the option tray for use.

Kap n Krunk 84, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print.

1. 3D Builder textures causes painted areas to vanish when attempting to print. - Similar Threads - Builder textures causes

2. 3d builder and paint 3d library model orgins?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d builder and paint 3d library model orgins?: it looks like the animals, cars ect from the 3d library were not made in these programs because of the organic shapes. does anybody know which software was used?...
  3. Delete or replace downloaded textures lables in 3D Builder

Delete or replace downloaded textures lables in 3D Builder: Hello I need to replace the labels loaded in the material catalog with labels of a different design so that they do not have to be re-adapted to the shape again. How do i do this in 3d builder? [ATTACH]...
  4. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  5. 3D Models from Paint 3D appear weirdly textured and glitchy.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3D Models from Paint 3D appear weirdly textured and glitchy.: Hello, So, I made a 3D model in Paint 3D on Windows 10 I have Powerpoint 365. When I saved the Paint 3D model as a glb file, I inserted it into my Powerpoint. When I did, the texture was very glitchy and checkered. It was nothing like the model on Paint 3D. I tried update...
  6. 3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files

3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files: Hi Community!!!! So, I have a 3MF model that I have painted and added stickers to in MS 3D Builder and then saved (this model will ultimately be full colour 3D printed) When I open the newly saved file in any other application (e.g. Netfabb, HP 3D build Stream) I have two...
  7. 3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF

3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF: Hello, I am trying to 3D print some cabinets with our HP-MJF color printer. I have placed images onto the .STL file and everything looks great in the 3D builder but once I save the file out, most of the textures are missing. I have done this with some other cabinets and it...
  8. 3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture...

3D builder 16.1.1431.0 defect: white colored part after partial area brushed with texture...: Hello, I recently updated 3D builder to 16.1.1431.0. I found that after color a part to white through 3D builder (100% coverage), then brush certain area to a texture map, the rest of the part no longer remains white color. The part looked fine in 3D builder, but the...
  9. 3d builder 3d printing to my printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    3d builder 3d printing to my printer: How do I print 3d builder objects on my monoprice mini delta ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-3d-printing-to-my-printer/e73a89b1-d715-4234-964a-653514611be2
  10. How to Print with Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Print with Paint 3D: Using Paint 3D I don't see an option to "Print" screen images. How is Print done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-with-paint-3d/1912f432-988c-4c96-acba-bfb9b7a4d495

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3d builder paint texture