Windows 10: 3d effects have become limited in photos app

Discus and support 3d effects have become limited in photos app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have previously made a few videos with the photo app and used 3D characters as well as the effects. However, for the past week these 3D characters... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by denaliden, Jan 21, 2020.

1. denaliden Win User

3d effects have become limited in photos app

I have previously made a few videos with the photo app and used 3D characters as well as the effects. However, for the past week these 3D characters have become strangely limited. For example where before I did a search for say cats or aeroplanes, around 100 characters would appear, now only a handful appear. This is the same for any character search. I used command prompt several times, sought help from Microsoft experts, uninstalled and reinstalled the photos app, repaired and reset the app, installed updates and drivers and reverted my laptop back to factory settings, which I had to do anyway, but nothing worked. I have another windows computer and checked the photo app but got the same result, limited 3D characters. I would not have been so tenacious to find a solution to this had I not been half way through creating a video. which I now cannot finish because the 3D characters I wanted to use have disappeared. Has anyone had this same problem and if so did they manage to get the characters back? I really would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

:)

denaliden, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Photo Effects Editor

Hi Nate,

Your Windows Photo app might be corrupted that's why it's not working as intended. Since you already tried to reset the app to no effect, reinstalling the app might do the trick. Kindly follow the steps below on how to reinstall the Windows Photo app:

A. First you need to uninstall the Photo app using PowerShell:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Copy and paste this command: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    4. Press Enter.
    5. Restart your device for it to take effect.

B. Install the Microsoft Photo app.

1. Launch the Windows Store.
    2. On the search bar, type Microsoft Photo.
    3. Press Enter.
    4. Download and install the app.

Afterwards, try to recreate your 3D Effect. If the issue persist. Please provide us your Windows build and version for us to provide more possible solutions:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R.
    2. Type winver, and press Enter.
    3. Then, provide us the build and version of your Windows.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app  

3d effects have become limited in photos app [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 21, 2020
  4. 3d effects have become limited in photos app

Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation

3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines?

***Modified title from: 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***

Melodygirl, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

3d effects have become limited in photos app

1. 3d effects have become limited in photos app - Similar Threads - effects become limited

2. Display fonts and photos in certain apps have become suddenly blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display fonts and photos in certain apps have become suddenly blurry: Hello, A few days ago my fonts deteriorated (Windows 10) and then I noticed that photos, e.g. on facebook are really poor quality. I have tried all the solutions that I can find on the internet to resolve this, and I also tried the Microsoft Advisors, who basically walked...
  3. App not showing to have limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    App not showing to have limits: Not all of the apps/games installed on my childs computer show up as available to manage app limits. Is there a know reason for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-not-showing-to-have-limits/02748976-ab4c-4327-aef8-00d5b687efb4"
  4. Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo app is not able to read 3d effects Photo gif animation: 3d effects Photo Windows 10 Pro was working but after last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***Modified title from: 3d effects Photo was working but afrter last update the finished gif is corrupt. The file is purple lines? ***...
  5. No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects

No audio after downloading 3D Photo effects: When I do a 3D photo effect and then download it, no sound comes out. It used to but then it stopped working. The visual effect is there but without the sound. I've done every troubleshooting fix that I can find and also reset the app but to no avail. Don't really want to...
  6. Loss of audio when using 3D effects in Pictures app

Loss of audio when using 3D effects in Pictures app: When I download a picture on which I have put 3D effects, the audio that goes with it will not play - the visual plays ok but the picture is silent. It works when I edit it and play it back but not once it's downloaded to my PC. It used to work and I have made many 3D pics...
  7. Microsoft Photos App 3d effects NO SOUND after making an mp4 all of a sudden...last week...

Microsoft Photos App 3d effects NO SOUND after making an mp4 all of a sudden...last week...: So I have used the MS Photos App to enhance jpg's with the new 3d effects which comes with sound effects too. I love them. And the first few I made into mp4's. came out great. That was last week. All of a sudden now, NONE are coming out with sound when I save them. I can hear...
  8. my photos have been hijacked by 3D paint

my photos have been hijacked by 3D paint: I`m not a computer wise user but have found my photos have been changed to using an app 3D paint i`ve tried to uninstall to no avail when i go to the app settings uninstall does nothing as i`v written i`m not computer wise so i dont understand some of the terminology so i...
  9. Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app How to Add 3D Effects to Images and Videos in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital...
  10. add previous versions' 3d effects ?

in Windows 10 Support
    add previous versions' 3d effects ?: hi, i've just upgraded from win7 to win10. i really hate the completely flat look of the windows, not only does it seem like a major step back 30 years in time, it's difficult to see where the borders of the windows end and other things on the screen begin. is there...