Windows 10: 3D Home Architect Deluxe v 3.0 unable to install in any compatibility mode

Discus and support 3D Home Architect Deluxe v 3.0 unable to install in any compatibility mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to install an old piece of software in order to gain access to old design plans used for our home. No matter which compatibility mode I select,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SewHelpMe, Apr 5, 2021.

1. SewHelpMe Win User

3D Home Architect Deluxe v 3.0 unable to install in any compatibility mode

I need to install an old piece of software in order to gain access to old design plans used for our home. No matter which compatibility mode I select, Windows puts up a RED message telling me it's not compatible with Windows. The original software was designed to work with Win 95, 98, Vista, and 2000. The last time I used it was in 2007 I think and I'm reasonably certain I had it running under Windows 10 at that time. I open to any suggestions how to even get Windows to try and install it!

BTW: 1 the suggest compatibility mode comes back as Windows 8, but when I tell it to test, nothing ever happens. And I mean exactly that: nothing. As if I never selected the "Test" button at all, but I do see it "depress." 2 I have a newer edition v6, but if memory serves me it wasn't compatible with the older files which is why I still need the older one to install and run.

:)

SewHelpMe, Apr 5, 2021
  2. hdwright Win User

3d home architect deluxe 3.0

Yes I can't get 3d home architect deluxe 3.0 to install in windows 10. It worked fine in windows 8. I get a missing d3drm.dll when I try to install from the CD. I would be happy if I could just run it right from the CD with out installing it
    just as long as it works. Does anyone know how I can fix this love windows 10 and really need to use 3d home architect deluxe 3.0 for my work. If someone could tell me where I can get the missing dll that's safe and how to install it that would be great....
    HELP PLEASE?

hdwright, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 5, 2021
  4. hdwright Win User

3d home architect deluxe 3.0

THIS IS HOWS IT'S DONE THANKS OLLIE872

ollie972 replied on

Note: My 3D Home Architect Deluxe 3.0 was 1 of 6 CD's included in the Broderbund "3D Home Design Suite Deluxe 3.0" so I don't know for sure if it will work the same if you have the stand alone version of 3DHA, but you would think it should.

Here's how I got 3DHA Deluxe 3.0 for Windows 95/98 to install on my Windows 7 32 bit system:

1. Create a folder on the root of your Drive C called "3DHA".

2. Copy all the 3DHA 3.0 Installation CD's contents to C:\3DHA (the folder you just created).

3. Go to the 3DHA folder on Drive C and run Setup.exe by double clicking it.

4. Follow the instructions. Let it install to the default folder "C:\3DHAD3".

5. When asked to install DirectX 6, do the custom option where only the necessary files are copied.

6. Check the C:\Windows\System folder to be sure the following DirectX files are there:

D3DRM.DLL

D3DRM8F.DLL

D3DRM16F.DLL

D3DRM24F.DLL

D3DRM32F.DLL

If the above DLL files are not in the C:\Windows\System folder, copy them there from the DirectX folder on the installation CD. On mine the DirectX folder was located in a folder called DXSETUP.

Now, when I go into Control Panel and click "Uninstall a Program" the program shows up as "3D Home Architect(r) Deluxe 3.0". And when I click Start, All Programs it shows up in a group called "Broderbund Home Products".

Hope it works for you like it did for me!

hdwright, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. 3D Home Architect Deluxe v 3.0 unable to install in any compatibility mode - Similar Threads - Home Architect Deluxe

2. gpu 0-3d 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpu 0-3d 100%: hola buenas noches , e estado teniedno problemas con mi tarjeta grafica , me tira picos de 100% al abrir ciertos juegos y algunos se cierran , alguna idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-0-3d-100/297e346c-0415-4128-bada-a8b9f4f5056f
  3. gpu 0-3d 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gpu 0-3d 100%: hola buenas noches , e estado teniedno problemas con mi tarjeta grafica , me tira picos de 100% al abrir ciertos juegos y algunos se cierran , alguna idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-0-3d-100/297e346c-0415-4128-bada-a8b9f4f5056f
  4. gpu 0-3d 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Install Application in compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Application in compatibility mode: Hi Everyone! Need help in installing application in Compatibility mode. I am facing restrictions while installing any application. What can be the reason? How can I resolve this issue? Thank you in advance. I am using Windows 10. HP i3 8th Generation with 8GB RAM. 179693
  6. Install Application in compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Application in compatibility mode: Hi Everyone! Need help in installing application in Compatibility mode. I am facing restrictions while installing any application. What can be the reason? How can I resolve this issue? Thank you in advance. I am using Windows 10. HP i3 8th Generation with 8GB RAM. 179693
  7. 3d mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3d mode?: I just clicked 3d mode on my new Dell thinking it would work with my 3d capable monitor, and now it continues to say "out of range". Did I fuck myself? Can I get back to normal display without having my screen? I reset my pc after just to make this more fun lol. Pls help, I...
  8. Calendar Creator Deluxe v 12.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calendar Creator Deluxe v 12.1: Program stopped running today... Administrator has Blocked. My login is as Administrator. After many attempts to resolve. I backed up my files and uninstalled. I now get to same block message for the Setup program when I try to reinstall. Any suggestions?...
  9. Hyper V - Unable to install any OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper V - Unable to install any OS: Hello, I am trying to install a Gen 2 VM using Hyper-V but I have failed so far.. OS(s) I have tried.. 1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 2. Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18290 3. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS for Desktop 4. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS for Server Type.. as Generation 2....
  10. new A/V compatibility

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new A/V compatibility: I am currently using WD + Malwarebytes anti-malware (premium) & Malwarebytes anti-exploit (premium), and I am thinking of switching to a paid anti-virus solution such as Vipre. Do Malwarebytes and Vipre play nice? 41968

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3D Home Architect 2 for Windows 3.1 windows 10