Windows 10: 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

Discus and support 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aarav Hazare, Feb 21, 2022.

1. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are not opening. According to Windows Insider Team this is not a problem from their side. So can you please look into the matter. It is showing the below message.I am on the Insider Build 22557 in the Dev channel.

:)

Aarav Hazare, Feb 21, 2022

2. Object in Microsoft 3D Builder

Could you tell me how to make annotations if I want to show dimensions of the object in Microsoft 3D Builder?

I’d like to demonstrate the object with its size on a 3D viewer. Thank you.

PatriceLaporte, Feb 21, 2022
  3. RogerH_17 Win User
    3D Objects folder

No, fortunately, it's not that serious.

My user folder is still intact and everything works OK. Its just that it has the '3D Objects' label assigned to it.

For instance, in explorer view it displays as 3D Objects but when I click the address bar the full path displays correctly as C:\users\<username>. There is no functional impact just an annoyance. In the unlikely event that I use
    Paint 3D or Mixed Reality Viewer at some point my user folder may become untidy with 3D Object files.

I moved 3D Objects via it's properties location tab. However, this will no longer allow me to relocate it saying
    Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location which cannot be redirected. Access is denied. I get the same message where ever I try to move it.

RogerH_17, Feb 21, 2022
  4. DavidS-C Win User

3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

Custom stickers in Paint 3D don't export to 3D Viewer

I've created a simple object in Paint 3D, and added some custom stickers (.jpegs from my files) to the object, but Paint 3D crashes when I try to save it as a 3D model. When I open the 3D viewer the model appears just as a black silhouette. I've discovered
    that if I remove from the object any shapes to which I have added a custom sticker it will export OK. It only crashes if I include shapes to which I have added a custom sticker. Is there any way to resolve this problem?

DavidS-C, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

1. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer - Similar Threads - objects opening viewer

2. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  3. 3D objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D objects: Stats: windows V 20h2 build 19042_685 I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I'm afraid to alter the Registry. Never have touched it. Seems all instructions to get rid of such junk and the like require the alteration of the registry. If this post is moved please say...
  4. 3D viewer not opening

3D viewer not opening: When I try to open a .obj file from file explorer, 3D viewer does not load at all. It is stuck on this screen: [ATTACH] Can somebody please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-viewer-not-opening/b11137a8-f872-428b-9709-1be205a2da98
  5. 3D Objects Icon Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3D Objects Icon Change: How do I change the icon from the folder "3D Objects". I tried changing it on Properties and on desktop.ini but the icon still didn't change when i opened "This PC". I'll leave the images in the comments. submitted by /u/Akapohi [link] [comments]...
  6. Cannot open 3d models in 3D Viewer when EFS is disabled

Cannot open 3d models in 3D Viewer when EFS is disabled: Struggled with why we couldnt open 3D models in 3D viewer on any PC on our Domain when I finally discovered that if we have Encrypted Files System EFS set to "Don't Allow" in Group Policy, We get an error "Could not load 3D Model". If I set EFS to not configured or allowed,...
  7. Paint 3D Turn 3D object back into 2D

Paint 3D Turn 3D object back into 2D: Hello, I have a part of my Paint 3D drawing that has turned into a 3D object for some reason. This must have happened a while ago as I can't undo it. I have tried to move it back into the picture, but I can't completely place it back on the 2D plane and it doesn't line up...
  8. Transparency for 3D objects in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency for 3D objects in Paint 3D: I came across a question asking about the opacity of 3D objects. While currently you are unable to manipulate the opacity of 3D objects, you CAN get around this issue by creating a 2D object with your desired opacity level and color, then clicking "Make 3D" on the right-hand...
  9. For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?

For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?: How do I get the files from the 3D Library so I can convert/open them in a different program? 'Save As' only saves as as .GLB files, I need .OBJ files. 'Export' only exports images....
  10. 3D objects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D objects: I tried to get rid of the 3D objects folder that appeared on my computer, but I combined it with my documents. Now I have two sections that say documents and have all my documents. When I delete one folder from one, it deletes it from the other. I just want the document...