Windows 10: 3D objets has replaced me in the users folder

Discus and support 3D objets has replaced me in the users folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I was trying to move my 3D objects folder to a new folder in D:\ but that didn't work or something else happen, I can't exactly remember,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lucky_Miner01, Aug 3, 2020.

1. 3D objets has replaced me in the users folder

3D objets has replaced me in the users folder SJBFDRicZ3VFjMEdFyGCDn05uxvZRibtTjcWPbi5ts8.jpg

I was trying to move my 3D objects folder to a new folder in D:\ but that didn't work or something else happen, I can't exactly remember, then I got an error similar to this 'Can't move folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be relocated', this might not be the exact error. Then after messing around this happened:

3D objects have replaced me in users folder

inside the 3D Objects folder

After following the tutorial, it made the 3D folder in the shortcuts again, but then I click it this appears:

https://preview.redd.it/ykcxwsh6ove...bp&s=d428bd445859b534959bf4538b20202cc3636ec8

And the user's folder is still called 3D Objects instead of what it should be called.

I haven't got a clue about what to do.

any help will be appreciated.

If you need any more context just ask.

Edit: I can now open 3d objects in the shortcut menu, all I had to do was 'restore default' in the 'location' tab of thee properties menu.

submitted by /u/Lucky_Miner01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lucky_Miner01, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Mustachio Win User

Tried moving User objects, now 3D Objects shows as a folder

Want to move my User settings to another partition but non-tenforums steps are wrong. Now my 3D Objects appears as a folder 'Dave', in my User folder alongside Pictures, etc. (I moved it back there.)

I've read the tutorials on this site and will follow. But how do I make my 3D Objects have it's true name again?
    I'm not sure it is not in fact a folder. On the other partition it would sometimes appear as 3D Objects yet other times appear as folder Dave.

Thank you very much,

Mustachio, Aug 3, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    3D Objects folder

Hee, hee...

So your main User folder has become the 3D Objects folder (meaning anything that needs to access your User folder would get

lost and not be able to save, or may crash, etc. due to the new Folder name ) ?

When you open the 3D Objects/User folder you see the normal User stuff such as Photos, Music, Documents, etc. and a
    3D Objects folder ?

If there is a 3D Objects folder within the renamed User folder, are you able to rename your User folder back ?

- Not clear on what method you used when tried to relocate the folder and "accidentally set it to my user folder"
    though.

Was this in the 3D Objects Folders > Properties > Location tab ?

If so, try going back to Location and clicking on Restore, or try the Move option again.

- Failing that go the distance and try full a System Restore to a time before the bungle.

- Or you may have to repair/create a new User Account.

Likhitha describes the method in the thread below.

windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/how-do-i-fix-a-corrupt-user-profile-in-win10

Basically - "Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile, transfer all the data from the corrupted user

to the newly created user profile and check if the issue is resolved."...
    Then delete your original now empty folder.

BossDweeb, Aug 3, 2020
  4. RogerH_17 Win User

3D objets has replaced me in the users folder

3D Objects folder

No, fortunately, it's not that serious.

My user folder is still intact and everything works OK. Its just that it has the '3D Objects' label assigned to it.

For instance, in explorer view it displays as 3D Objects but when I click the address bar the full path displays correctly as C:\users\<username>. There is no functional impact just an annoyance. In the unlikely event that I use
    Paint 3D or Mixed Reality Viewer at some point my user folder may become untidy with 3D Object files.

I moved 3D Objects via it's properties location tab. However, this will no longer allow me to relocate it saying
    Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location which cannot be redirected. Access is denied. I get the same message where ever I try to move it.

RogerH_17, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

3D objets has replaced me in the users folder

1. 3D objets has replaced me in the users folder - Similar Threads - objets has replaced

2. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...
  3. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.: I wanted to transfer my Pictures from Local Disk: D to Local Disk: CBut I remember, when I set the location in properties of Pictures, I set it as "C:\Users\myusernameI did that coz I wanted the Picture folder to be inside there,But it replaced my myusername instead of...
  4. Replaced my users profile with Pictures folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder has just disappeared (NOT THE USERS FOLDER but the folder with my user’s...: Pls help submitted by /u/Delete-JakePaul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jibqp2/my_user_folder_has_just_disappeared_not_the_users/
  6. Replace user folder with recovered files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace user folder with recovered files: My hard drive failed recently and I now have a new one. I was able to recover files from that hard drive but my last image back up was over a year ago in 2018. I have now restored my computer to the image back up in 2018 but I want to update all the files I have from my old...
  7. 3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    3D Objects Icon used for moved User folder: Similar to this issue: 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab - Windows 10 Forums I have successfully moved the User files (ie) C:\Users\[UserName] to a data drive D:\User by using the Location tab on each individual folder (ie) Pictures, Music etc I then right...
  8. 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3D objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  9. remove 3d objects from users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    remove 3d objects from users folder: Hi brink .how do I remove 3d objects from users folder [img] 97807
  10. User Folder - Move Location drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Folder - Move Location drive replacement: I used the tutorial to move my user folders to a spare, second drive in my laptop. Now I'm thinking about changing it from a spinner to an SSD and I'm wondering what steps I should be considering, before I make that swap, to preserve my user folders and migrate it to a second...