Windows 10: 3D printing no longer works after Windows 10 conversion?

Discus and support 3D printing no longer works after Windows 10 conversion? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Together maybe you have some advice for me. I have been printing 3D models for more than 1 year. Since the change from Windows 8.2 to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wwerders, Jun 9, 2020.

1. wwerders Win User

3D printing no longer works after Windows 10 conversion?

Hello Together maybe you have some advice for me.

I have been printing 3D models for more than 1 year.

Since the change from Windows 8.2 to Windows 10 nothing works anymore.

(Old laptop unfortunately broke down)

Here are the details of my equipment:

-New very fast HP laptop (Ryzen 5) with 16 GB memory.

-Original Prusa i3 MK3S printer

-3 D Printing with Sketchup Make 2017 or Blender 2.82

-Slicer Cura 4.5 or Prusa 3 D

Here's what happens: I draw a model and export it as an STL file

Upload it to Cura and there is a strange thing: The slicer reduces the 3 D drawing instead of 2x2x2 cm it is only 2x2x2 mm on the slicer.

But this is only the beginning of the problem.

I save it to my SD card.

(as I have done for over a year)

But the printer can no longer do anything with it.

Instead of printing, it causes a crash or does not recognize the STL file at all.

Do you have any idea what might be going on

Many thanks in advance.

:)

wwerders, Jun 9, 2020

2. 3D Build and 3D print support for FlashForge Inventor Printer

Hello Dave,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to assist you.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Have you tried printing any normal document on your computer?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to download the latest software
    Click here
    from flash forge and see if that works. You may also contact printer support if does not get the option to make changes in Flash forge.

Method 2:

Please refer the Microsoft article related to 3D print:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/3d-print/windows-3d-printing

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22881/windows-10-3d

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jun 9, 2020
  3. dtoxic Win User
    Remove '3D print with 3D Builder' from context menu?

Follow these Steps

Remove from the context menu in Windows 10

dtoxic, Jun 9, 2020
  4. 3D printing no longer works after Windows 10 conversion?

How does someone get their 3D Printing business listed as a place where 3D Builder users can get their 3D model built?

Hi Jeff,

I realize that you want to get the 3D Printing business listed. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Where exactly do you want the 3D Printing business listed?
    If you are referring to the 3D builder app then you may refer to these articles to check if that helps.

Update on 3D Printing in Windows | Windows Experience Blog

New 3D printing support for Windows 10: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/3d-print-support-windows-10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

3D printing no longer works after Windows 10 conversion?

1. 3D printing no longer works after Windows 10 conversion? - Similar Threads - printing longer works

2. 3D builder no longer works after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D builder no longer works after latest windows update: I bought a new computer earlier this year with windows 11 home. I installed Microsoft 3D builder app and had been using it regularly worked fine. once the windows update on May10th, 2022 it no longer works. I can open the app and insert shapes, but when it comes to open a...
  3. 3D builder no longer works after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D builder no longer works after latest windows update: I bought a new computer earlier this year with windows 11 home. I installed Microsoft 3D builder app and had been using it regularly worked fine. once the windows update on May10th, 2022 it no longer works. I can open the app and insert shapes, but when it comes to open a...
  4. 3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane.

3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane.: Hi, Was wondering if there is a fix for this or if it's a known problem. 3D Viewer will work when you launch the app and open a file type, but its functionality in the Display Pane of folder view is dead. It will no longer load previews of any 3D file type when you select...
  5. Windows 10 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 printer no longer prints: Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my Toshiba laptop. It has stopped working (it does not print). I have spent many hours trying to determine the problem. The best...
  6. Windows 10 printer no longer prints

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 printer no longer prints: Hello everyone. 1st time for me here looking for help (or consoling) regarding my printer. It is an HP Photosmart D5360 and is connected via USB to my Toshiba laptop. It has stopped working (it does not print). I have spent many hours trying to determine the problem. The best...
  7. print 3d error

print 3d error: On print 3d it says failed to loud printer capabilities I checked what 3d printer windows can work with and my 3d printer showed up first how do I fix this problem? and o my 3d printer name is XYZprinting da Vinci junior 1.0 professional. How do I fix this?????...
  8. my print screen is no longer working

my print screen is no longer working: help with print screen Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/my-print-screen-is-no-longer-working/530c9216-8b2c-4468-b003-c60ae7575077
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF no longer working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF no longer working in Windows 10: I removed Microsoft Print to PDF printer already, then added it back in … but that still does not allow me to print. Once I added the printer back "You've successfully added Microsoft Print to PDF (Copy 1)", the 'Print a test page' tells me that "A test page has been sent...
  10. Color conversion for Paint 3D

Color conversion for Paint 3D: Hi, I need to convert the color code hsl(232, 2%, 98%) into the exact match in Paint 3D, which uses a totally different scale. Can you please let me know how I can easily do that? Thank you....