Windows 10: 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2

Discus and support 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a kinect v2 and an adapter for my computer, however when I open up 3d Scan I only see initializing sensor and nothing else. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Psychoguineapig, Sep 17, 2020.

1. 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2

I recently got a kinect v2 and an adapter for my computer, however when I open up 3d Scan I only see initializing sensor and nothing else. I had downloaded and installed the driver and other supported software. What could I be missing?

Thanks,

3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2 b5e5e944-ffed-481c-af2a-dcee408d90dc?upload=true.png

-O

:)

Psychoguineapig, Sep 17, 2020
  2. jubjub64 Win User

No scan option for 3D builder in Windows 10 with Kinect v2

I did a clean install of Windows 10, installed Kinect v2 drivers and SDK. The SDK can see the sensor fine but when I installed 3D builder it doesn't show a "scan" button. It just has "load" and "help" buttons. I'm using the Kinect pc adapter with a console
    version of the Kinect v2 if that is important. Please help me get 3D builder working with my sensor. Thank you.

jubjub64, Sep 17, 2020
  3. 3D Scan with Kinect v2

Wow. I can't believe these steps worked!

onlysublime, Sep 17, 2020
  4. 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2

3D Scan with Kinect v2

Hello all! I picked up a Kinect v2, the adapter, and gave 3D Scan a shot using an ASUS ROG laptop with a 1070 GTX GPU. Ran the hardware test to make sure the Kinect v2 was working,
    got a possible error about USB3 chipset, but then it seemed to work.

In a well-lit room I tried scanning a mannequin and a live person. Problems / questions:

- The RGB texture image seems very offset from the depth image, both in preview and in the scanned geometry. Made it seem like the cameras on the Kinect v2 weren't aligned correctly. Any way to fix?

- I read the words "handheld mode" and "turntable mode" but the 3D Scan app interface seems so dead simple that those options are not available

- My distorted blob meshes (typically captured over 500-900 "frames" around either the circumference of an object or just a face), also had the textures offset.

Any tips / tricks?

Thank you!

Update: Had some success. I think it's all about USB bandwidth.

Tried it on a PC built with a Skylake Fatal1ty z270 Gaming-itx/ac motherboard. i5, 980 GTX.

-USB 3.1 port did not supply enough power

-USB 3.0 port had zero complaints at all

-When using 3D Scan, the preview window actually populated points in the point cloud. 30fps. Textured aligned better. Will have to practice scanning motions to get best texture coverage.

MarkCreasy, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2

1. 3d Scan forever on initializing sensor with Kinect v2 - Similar Threads - Scan forever initializing

2. Multiple Kinects V2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Kinects V2: Hello allI have multiple kinects V2 and i want to collect images using both of them at the same time simultaneously.I have on my computer only USB 3.0 controller so when i plug in more than one kinect, my computer only recognizes one, as it is shown on the screenshot.Is there...
  3. Multiple Kinects V2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Kinects V2: Hello allI have multiple kinects V2 and i want to collect images using both of them at the same time simultaneously.I have on my computer only USB 3.0 controller so when i plug in more than one kinect, my computer only recognizes one, as it is shown on the screenshot.Is there...
  4. Kinect V2 Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kinect V2 Windows Hello: My Kinect works fine in studio and any other app but does not work for windows hello. The hello setup says 'This option is currently unavailable.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kinect-v2-windows-hello/2e8603b9-fcd3-4ed1-a96a-c50b058cf3bd
  5. Kinect V2 Windows Hello

Kinect V2 Windows Hello: My Kinect works fine in studio and any other app but does not work for windows hello. The hello setup says 'This option is currently unavailable.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kinect-v2-windows-hello/2e8603b9-fcd3-4ed1-a96a-c50b058cf3bd
  6. Kinect V2 Drivers Slow Start Up

Kinect V2 Drivers Slow Start Up: I've tried everything to get Windows Hello to work on boot, but it doesn't. It recognizes my face, 1-2 minutes later. I've had this problem on Windows 10 too....
  7. Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find a depth sensor in 3D scan using an Xbox One Kinect: 3D Scan will not detect my Xbox One Kinect depth sensor for whatever reason. Kinect Fusion does, the SDK browser does, Discord does, pretty much everything except 3D scan can find my Kinect. Why is this? I've tried the replugging solution with the Camera app already. Are...
  8. Kinect V2 *only* working in Kinect Studio v2.0

Kinect V2 *only* working in Kinect Studio v2.0: With all the distance learning stuff, i figured my old kinect would work great as a 1080p webcam for Zoom sessions. Issue is, it refuses to send any kind of visual data to apps beyond the applications included in the kinect SDK. Now, it is manually modified to send the...
  9. Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade the operating system on a Surface Book, or any other Windows 10-powered device, and you’re unable to use the Kinect for […] This article Kinect Sensor not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Kinect 2.0 not detecting in 3D Scan

Kinect 2.0 not detecting in 3D Scan: I'm on Win10 Build 18922 The Kinect 2.0 is not detecting as a camera, nor is it being see by the 3d scan app or windows hello. Iv'e done every troubleshooting step i could find on here including registry edits and driver updates/downgrades. What is going on here?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot