Windows 10: 3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale?

Discus and support 3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using 3D Viewer, if you click on the "grid" option, you can change the pitch of the gridlines and even the number of intervals between major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Revend Spite, Jan 16, 2022.

1. 3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale?

Using 3D Viewer, if you click on the "grid" option, you can change the pitch of the gridlines and even the number of intervals between major gridlines.However - the scale of .01 has a unit that lines up neither with centimeters, millimeters, nor inches. What is the unit of this grid, and is it possible to set it to mm?Edit: To clarify - I opened an STL object that I designed with a known geometry. The gridlines do not line up with any of the known dimensions on the object. The origin is fine, the grid starts at a corner of the object. The intervals are at .01 somethings and don't work for eith

:)

Revend Spite, Jan 16, 2022

2. For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?

Nevermind! Resolved it myself using 3d Builder instead of 3D Viewer to do the exports.

WootieCartoons, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Stu1989Y Win User
    Paint 3D

Is there a gridlines feature in Paint 3D? I'd like to try to use the app to design a new room (redesigning my kitchen). I know the feature is available in Paint and Office applications but I can't find it in Paint 3D.

I've tried contacting Microsoft Support and they were no help, eventually suggesting to send me an email with instructions, but when I received the email was blank.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Kind Regards

Stuart Yates

BSc Astrophysics

Laboratory Technician

Cardinal Wiseman Catholic Technology College

Stu1989Y, Jan 16, 2022
  4. 3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale?

3D Builder Exports OBJ with odd scale

Hello, 3D Builder is an amazing application with probably the most intuitive user interface I've used to edit 3D models.

I recently decided to include it in my 3D authoring pipeline because 3D Builder makes it super easy simplify models while also keeping them water tight. Unfortunately, I've been having some trouble with the scaling. 3D models exported from 3D Builder
    do not keep the original scale.

For instance, if I export a sphere on Blender3D with a diameter of 1. After importing on 3D Builder and exporting it as an OBJ, this sphere will have a diameter of 1000.

Danilo Gasques, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale?

1. 3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale? - Similar Threads - Viewer Gridlines scale

2. Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is 3D viewer incompatible with Windows 11?: Since updating to Windows 11, I can't save anything from the 3D library, in 3D viewer. I can open the app and view everything just fine. When I try to save things, it says "cannot save file." No error beyond that or any explanation as to why. I have tried reset, repair, and...
  3. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  4. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  5. 3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale?

3D Viewer Gridlines - What is the scale?: Using 3D Viewer, if you click on the "grid" option, you can change the pitch of the gridlines and even the number of intervals between major gridlines.However - the scale of .01 has a unit that lines up neither with centimeters, millimeters, nor inches. What is the unit of...
  6. 3D viewer not opening

3D viewer not opening: When I try to open a .obj file from file explorer, 3D viewer does not load at all. It is stuck on this screen: [ATTACH] Can somebody please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-viewer-not-opening/b11137a8-f872-428b-9709-1be205a2da98
  7. Update process for 3D Viewer

Update process for 3D Viewer: I have been looking for information on the update process regarding the following update advisory ADV200004 Availability of updates for Microsoft software utilizing the Autodesk FBX library but can't seem to find any specifics anywhere. Is this App automatically updated...
  8. Display scale confuses Photo Viewer

Display scale confuses Photo Viewer: I have a set up with 3 monitors. The center one (and 'main') is 4k and the other two are 1080p I set a scale factor of 175% on the center one so stuff will look the same size on all three monitors (exact value should be 171.4% but 175% is close enough). For most apps this...
  9. For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?

For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?: How do I get the files from the 3D Library so I can convert/open them in a different program? 'Save As' only saves as as .GLB files, I need .OBJ files. 'Export' only exports images....
  10. PNG files don't scale with Display Scaling in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    PNG files don't scale with Display Scaling in Windows Photo Viewer: I have two 4k monitors, so I have Windows display scaling at 150%. The only problem is that PNGs have begun acting a little off in Windows Photo Viewer. I've attached an image of two of the exact same file, only I re-saved one as a PNG (on the left). As you can see, the PNG...