Windows 10: 3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane.

Discus and support 3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Was wondering if there is a fix for this or if it's a known problem. 3D Viewer will work when you launch the app and open a file type, but its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FiXiT4000, Jan 20, 2021.

1. FiXiT4000 Win User

3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane.

Hi,

Was wondering if there is a fix for this or if it's a known problem.

3D Viewer will work when you launch the app and open a file type, but its functionality in the Display Pane of folder view is dead. It will no longer load previews of any 3D file type when you select one in folder. It won't display .obj, .fbx, etc., so that I can quickly view objects before loading them into a scene. When I do select something, it just sticks on the loading bar with only a sliver of green. I've attempted to get it going with really simple object, so I know its not because the object is heavy. I am also running a top end video card on a workstation running 48 threads and 130gs of ram, so hardware isn't the issue.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing 3D Viewer, but there is no change.

I really love this app when it works and its a massive help to my work flow as a professional artist. Help!

Thanks for your time....

:)

FiXiT4000, Jan 20, 2021

2. Sending 3D created files as an email attachment

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually, the 3D files saved from Mixed reality viewer or Paint 3D will be saved in the folder 3D Objects on the PC.

Since you want to send the 3D file that you created as an email attachment, you can do it by going to the email app you are using and attach the file by locating the 3D objects folder. Follow the steps to locate the 3D objects folder while attaching
    the 3D file.

1. Click on the Attachment option on the email app.
    2. Now on the attachment window locate This PC on the left hand side pane.
    3. The 3D Objects folder will be under Folders on the right hand side pane.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 20, 2021
  3. 3D builder not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with 3D Builder app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of 3D Builder app installed on the PC?
    • Did you try opening any other project or did you try to open the same project on a different device?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform step 3 & 7 from this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Also reset the 3D Builder app and check.

1. Press Windows + I key to launch
      Windows settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select
      3D Builder
      app on the right pane.
    4. Click on Advanced option and then click on
      Reset.
    5. Restart the PC and then launch the 3D Builder
      app.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Mixed Reality Viewer app gets update & renamed to 3D Viewer

The Mixed Reality Viewer app in Windows 10 for Windows Insiders on Skip Ahead got an update to version 5.1809.20012.0 from the Microsoft Store, and was renamed to 3D Viewer.

Version 5.1809.20012.0 of the app features the following changes:

• Rebrand: Mixed Reality Viewer becomes 3D Viewer
    • Environment & Lighting: 3D Viewer now allows you to adjust the intensity, saturation, value and colour of the light to your liking. In addition, there are several selectable themes available to your liking such as Sunset.
    • Stats & Shading: 3D Viewer presents a new Statistics and Shading section, in which it will be possible to inspect and adjust the shapes and dates of the objects present in your projects
    • Removed the hamburger menu in favour of a new top menu
    • New welcome screen
    • New settings
    • Introduced control with the Surface Pen
    • It is now possible to hide the 3D Viewer option panels
    • Significant improvements with the display in Mixed Reality
    • Introduced the reveal effect
    • New 3D Print options
    • Various bug corrections and improvements

3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane. [​IMG]

Source: 3D Viewer | Microsoft al lavoro per unire Print 3D e Mixed Reality Viewer - Aggiornamenti Lumia

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. 3D Viewer no longer works in Display Pane. - Similar Threads - Viewer longer works

2. 3D Viewer not working when opening files that are in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Viewer not working when opening files that are in folders: Hi all! So after transitioning to Windows 11, I observed an issue with 3D Viewer. I work a lot with 3D files, mainly .stl and it seems that after moving to Win 11 3D Viewer is working only when I open something that is located on the desktop. I can open 3D file directly from...
  3. 3D Viewer not working when opening files that are in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Viewer not working when opening files that are in folders: Hi all! So after transitioning to Windows 11, I observed an issue with 3D Viewer. I work a lot with 3D files, mainly .stl and it seems that after moving to Win 11 3D Viewer is working only when I open something that is located on the desktop. I can open 3D file directly from...
  4. Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working: As Shown below all three apps appears as white boxes and I can't see photos as thumbnails, I have to open it individually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-viewer-snip-sketch-paint-3d-is-not-working/e400acf0-76f7-4e7e-a786-9a3abc1fa891
  5. Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working

Photos Viewer, Snip & Sketch, Paint 3d is not working: As Shown below all three apps appears as white boxes and I can't see photos as thumbnails, I have to open it individually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-viewer-snip-sketch-paint-3d-is-not-working/e400acf0-76f7-4e7e-a786-9a3abc1fa891
  6. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  7. 3D objects not opening with 3D viewer

3D objects not opening with 3D viewer: Hello,I want to tell you that my 3D projects are not opening with 3D viewer when I double click on them. They are opening when we right click > Open or with Paint 3D. I have made them with Paint 3D in Windows 10 but when I joined the Insider Program for Windows 11 they are...
  8. Preview Pane no longer displays 3d models

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane no longer displays 3d models: This has worked perfectly in the past, I have also seen other people who are facing my same issue.This applies to all 3d models I have tried fbx and obj the models load fine in every app, however they no longer display in the Preview Pane of the folder.I am faced with a...
  9. 3D viewer not opening

3D viewer not opening: When I try to open a .obj file from file explorer, 3D viewer does not load at all. It is stuck on this screen: [ATTACH] Can somebody please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-viewer-not-opening/b11137a8-f872-428b-9709-1be205a2da98
  10. For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?

For 3D Viewer, where are the 3D Library Files?: How do I get the files from the 3D Library so I can convert/open them in a different program? 'Save As' only saves as as .GLB files, I need .OBJ files. 'Export' only exports images....