Windows 10: 3rd monitor not detecting

Discus and support 3rd monitor not detecting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by matthewburnett1, May 4, 2020.

1. 3rd monitor not detecting

Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card, The catalyst control centre and eyfinity is only detecting 2 screens as well, I have tried restarting my PC, Uplugging and plugging back in the cables, updating the drivers, reverting back to old drivers, everything that google tells me to do, and even reset my pc, i can get each screen to work by extending, duplicate or using second monitor but only 2 screens will ever work at 1 time.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

:)

matthewburnett1, May 4, 2020

2. 3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 4, 2020
  3. DONAL777 Win User
    Windows 10 not detecting 3rd monitor

Hi

I mentioned at start of this thread the following

In display settings, it is only detecting 2 monitors. One of these is my Laptop and the other is my monitors. Both the monitors are showing the same display but are being counted as 1 monitor

So your latest suggestion is not working either.

DONAL777, May 4, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

3rd monitor not detecting

Windows 10 not detecting 3rd monitor

Thank you for your response. If the above steps did not work, let's try a different approach. Try switching the third monitor to either of the two monitors that have working connection and see if it will detect the third one. If the monitor can't still be
    detected after switching places and connections, it's either the splitter cannot support multiple connections or broken, or the video card has problem.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 4, 2020
Thema:

3rd monitor not detecting

1. 3rd monitor not detecting - Similar Threads - 3rd monitor detecting

2. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  3. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  4. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  5. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  6. My 3rd Monitor is not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My 3rd Monitor is not detected.: So, I have an HP Spectre Laptop and a USP Type-C Hub Pro that I use at home to add 2 additional monitors. I have some issues at home - mainly if the computer sleeps for too long the Ext Monitors become 1, so I just unplug the Hub and plug it back in and everything goes back...
  7. Windows not detecting 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not detecting 3rd monitor: Hello, When I have 3 monitors plugged into my rx580 the resolution is stretched across all 3 monitors and windows only detects my main middle monitor as active. When i have two plugged in windows detects them seperately. but when i plug in the third it stretches them again. I...
  8. Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor: I have a Windows 10 64 bit system. I have a Nividia Control Panel and tried to get the monitor to detect there, but it does not. It works but it duplicates, not extends. I gather I need something called an extender rather than a splitter. But I have no clue what type of...
  9. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...
  10. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...