Windows 10: 3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another...

Discus and support 3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. This has been an ordeal to say the least. I have not been able to get my 3rd monitor to work how I need it to. The problem....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cdore16, Sep 7, 2020.

1. cdore16 Win User

3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another...

Hello everyone.

This has been an ordeal to say the least. I have not been able to get my 3rd monitor to work how I need it to.

The problem....

The only way I can get all three monitors to work is to log into the admin user on the computer. This is a work computer so I am assuming the admin user has different settings compared to the other users.

I have seen all three monitors on so I know the monitor works, the cables work and the HDMI to USB converter works. The drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled. I have gone through every other option out there and I cant find anything regarding screen settings between different users.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance.

:)

cdore16, Sep 7, 2020

2. My Project Log:

Well, I did do a step-by-step picture log when RM & I was doing the plexi box... I'll see what I can work up in word. The latest will be Thursday since both today and tomorrow I have 14 hour days..

*Toast :toast:

Cold Storm, Sep 7, 2020
  3. JayNW Win User
    UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs aren't working and I find out that its because they needs admin rights. This morning I logged into my user account and tried to open Quicken for the first time. I get the error message and it appears the program isn't working. I logged in as admin and it works fine. This seems overboard to me. That I cant run quicken unless I'm the admin. There should be a set of trusted programs. Any suggestions? Other than running as admin all the time.

Thanks.

JayNW, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Mystere Win User

3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another...

UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

Actually, no. Your understanding is incorrect.

You are just fine running as an administrator (note: not THE administrator, as in the administrator account), with UAC enabled.

The only people that should be running as a normal user are those you do not trust to perform administrative tasks (like children, or others who aren't technical).

Mystere, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. 3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another... - Similar Threads - 3rd Monitor works

2. When trying to log into MSN only work accounts show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to log into MSN only work accounts show up: When I get an option to log into MSN using my Microsoft account, only my work account shows up. I have teams on my computer connected using my work account. I log into my PC using my hotmail account. Why isnt my hotmail account showing up as an option?...
  3. When trying to log into MSN only work accounts show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to log into MSN only work accounts show up: When I get an option to log into MSN using my Microsoft account, only my work account shows up. I have teams on my computer connected using my work account. I log into my PC using my hotmail account. Why isnt my hotmail account showing up as an option?...
  4. Log in not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in not working: I tried setting up secure boot based on what I saw online and now I can't log in. The error message says "something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again."When I click it, nothing happens....
  5. Getting a black screen when logging in one account; normal when logging in another on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a black screen when logging in one account; normal when logging in another on the...: I have two local accounts on my laptop and when I log in on one of them I simply get a black screen. I am able to ctr-alt-del and switch to the other account where after waiting a while can switch back to the original normally (but has to be about a 5-10 minute wait) Is it...
  6. 3rd monitor only works when logged in to admin

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3rd monitor only works when logged in to admin: Hello community! I need some serious help. I have been dealing with this for over a month. I currently have an all-in-one computer with a 2nd monitor which works just fine. I hooked up a third monitor using HDMI to usb converter and it only works when logged in as an admin...
  7. My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My admin password doesn't work when logged into other users on Windows 10: My son has a user on our Windows 10 pc. When we are logged into his account and try to perform admin-rights operations, then my admin password (Microsoft account) is wrong (it says wrong username or passw). When I'm logged into my account (admin), then there are no such...
  8. BSOD only when logged in as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD only when logged in as Administrator: Hello. If I'm logged in as administrator and I leave the computer idle, after 10 minutes I get the BSOD. Stop code is different every time. These are some of them (one every time): FAULTY_HARWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEMPTION It only happens under the...
  9. Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.: I have a two monitor set up, with my main monitor being a 27" screen and a second 22" touchscreen as a secondary monitor. I can only get the touchscreen monitor to pick up touches if I make it my main monitor. As soon as I switch my main monitor back to my 27" monitor...
  10. Restart not possible, but only when logged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart not possible, but only when logged in: Not sure in which section this belongs, feel free to educate me on this as well please. I'm trying to debug this weird problem, and get nowhere: Computer seems to be running fine, except that I cannot reboot. It will simply hang in the bios screen and does not continue....