Windows 10: 3rd monitor only works when logged in to admin

Discus and support 3rd monitor only works when logged in to admin in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello community! I need some serious help. I have been dealing with this for over a month. I currently have an all-in-one computer with a 2nd monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cdore16, Sep 16, 2020.

1. cdore16 Win User

3rd monitor only works when logged in to admin

Hello community!

I need some serious help. I have been dealing with this for over a month. I currently have an all-in-one computer with a 2nd monitor which works just fine. I hooked up a third monitor using HDMI to usb converter and it only works when logged in as an admin rather than another user.

The monitor works exactly how I want it to but ONLY when logged in as admin. I need to change a setting or copy all display settings or somthing else.

Please help, I am about to light my office on fire.

:)

cdore16, Sep 16, 2020
  2. cdore16 Win User

3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another user. Please help

Hello everyone.

This has been an ordeal to say the least. I have not been able to get my 3rd monitor to work how I need it to.

The problem....

The only way I can get all three monitors to work is to log into the admin user on the computer. This is a work computer so I am assuming the admin user has different settings compared to the other users.

I have seen all three monitors on so I know the monitor works, the cables work and the HDMI to USB converter works. The drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled. I have gone through every other option out there and I cant find anything regarding screen
    settings between different users.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you in advance.

cdore16, Sep 16, 2020
  3. 3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. 3rd monitor only works when logged in to admin - Similar Threads - 3rd monitor works

2. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  3. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  4. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  6. 3rd Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  7. 3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another...

3rd Monitor only works when logged in as and Admin. Will not work when logged into another...: Hello everyone. This has been an ordeal to say the least. I have not been able to get my 3rd monitor to work how I need it to. The problem.... The only way I can get all three monitors to work is to log into the admin user on the computer. This is a work computer so I...
  8. 3rd monitor not detecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd monitor not detecting: Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card, The catalyst control centre and eyfinity is only detecting 2 screens as well, I have tried restarting my PC, Uplugging and...
  9. 3rd monitor not working after 10041 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3rd monitor not working after 10041 update: I was running tri-monitors on 9926 and then I upgraded to 10041 and now the 3rd monitor isn't working. I have 2 monitors that's connected to my gtx 980 and the 3rd monitor connect to my motherboard. It worked before the update and now it doesn't even detect the 3rd monitor....
  10. Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.

Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.: I have a two monitor set up, with my main monitor being a 27" screen and a second 22" touchscreen as a secondary monitor. I can only get the touchscreen monitor to pick up touches if I make it my main monitor. As soon as I switch my main monitor back to my 27" monitor...