Windows 10: 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

Discus and support 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The windows 10 virtual desktop is driving me crazy. If I have a word doc open in desktop 1 and open another word doc in desktop 2, the new doc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nattydeacs, Jan 25, 2021.

1. 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

The windows 10 virtual desktop is driving me crazy. If I have a word doc open in desktop 1 and open another word doc in desktop 2, the new doc automatically opens in desktop 1. IK then have to go to the control pane, find the doc, and move it to the appropriate desktop. This is the case for all applications, not just word. So annoying!

For some apps (such as teams), I can't even open more than one instance of the app. Meaning I have to go all the way back to desktop 1 to respond to a teams message even if I am working on desktop 4.

Additionally, I cannot name separate virtual desktops, which I would like to do.

Does anyone know of any good 3rd party alternatives?

submitted by /u/nattydeacs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nattydeacs, Jan 25, 2021
  2. dhruvdutt Win User

Virtual Desktops - Projector

Let's assume I've created 2 virtual desktops in Windows 10. (#1 and #2)
    Is it possible to connect projector with a single virtual desktop only?
    Eg. Connect virtual desktop #1 with the projector. Now swap, work along virtual desktop #2 (to look privately for some references at the time of a presentation/projection) and swap back to resume the public projection at desktop #1?

Please suggest any 3rd party tool (if any available) for this use case.

dhruvdutt, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jan 25, 2021
  4. hdagelic Win User

3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

hdagelic, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

1. 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops? - Similar Threads - 3rd party alternative

2. Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10?: I was just curious. Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10? If you know the answer, please reply below. Thanks! Grant...
  3. Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10?: I was just curious. Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10? If you know the answer, please reply below. Thanks! Grant...
  4. Is there a 3rd-party app alternative to the system tray for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Linking 3rd parties.

Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  6. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers: Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a network config on my eth adapter that, until I used the nw troubleshooter so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working...
  7. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did...
  8. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...
  9. An alternative virtual desktop

An alternative virtual desktop: Hello, I'd just like to reccommend my (free) software to you: Desktop Panorama - a free virtual desktop for Windows 10 It's a panoramic virtual desktop that works on Windows 10 and there isn't a software like it. And also it's been tested from 2008. and should work...
  10. Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop: Hi, please forgive me if this has already been asked, I have run a search on "Virtual Desktop" but found almost 2000 results. If I have 2 virtual desktops VD1 and VD2 for explanation sake. I have various items open on both VD1 and VD2, VD1 is a project I'm working on...