Windows 10: 3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

Discus and support 3rd party applications not detecting microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elixed, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Elixed Win User

3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

Hello,

I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I try to record anything, silence is recorded. However it works perfectly fine on all native Windows apps and surprisingly League of Legends voice chat. Before the reset, everything worked perfectly on all applications. I have only one microphone device enabled Realtek High Definition Audio and it's my built-in microphone of my laptop. I've tried everything i found on the internet but nothing seems to work.

• I updated microphone drivers.
    • I allowed apps to access my microphone in microphone privacy settings
    • I installed all windows updates
    • I disabled all sound effects on the device.

Is there anything else I could try?

:)

Elixed, Mar 11, 2020
  2. ngoyal Win User

Unable to install any 3rd party applications

I have a nokia e61. I have been trying to install 3rd party apps like newsgator, truphone, google maps etc on my phone. It dowloads the applications and immediately thereafter gives me a message 'Unable to install'. Any suggestions anyone.

ngoyal, Mar 11, 2020
  3. bakerw71 Win User
    USB microphone using 3rd party driver

There was no option to delete the driver package but i uninstalled it any way and there was still no change

3rd party applications not detecting microphone. f86ab483-852e-4343-9a9d-05202a09dd9e.png

I believe this to be the case due to the headset using the default Microsoft driver, is there any way i could use a 3rd party driver as updating the driver with one I have found has not worked so far (probably due to the fact i have no knowledge with drivers)
    , could you suggest a simple 3rd part USB headset driver that i will be able to update the Plantronics microphone with ?

bakerw71, Mar 11, 2020
  4. 3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

3rd party applications N79

Does installing 3rd party applications (applications from sites such as mobile 9) cause any problem to device???? i am currently using nokia N79.

smitbawkar, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

1. 3rd party applications not detecting microphone. - Similar Threads - 3rd party applications

2. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  3. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  4. Issue with location on 3rd party application

Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  5. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  6. Linking 3rd parties.

Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  7. Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications: I recently bought a new laptop that came with Windows 11 installed NOT an upgrade. The sound and mic work fine using WIndows. However, any time I use a Windows compatible application, or Zoom or another 3rd party application, the sound is inaudible and are hearing it as...
  8. Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications

Audio and microphone low sound or no sound when using 3rd party applications: I recently bought a new laptop that came with Windows 11 installed NOT an upgrade. The sound and mic work fine using WIndows. However, any time I use a Windows compatible application, or Zoom or another 3rd party application, the sound is inaudible and are hearing it as...
  9. Prevent 3rd Party Applications from Adjusting Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent 3rd Party Applications from Adjusting Microphone: I want Windows 10 to prevent 3rd Party Applications from adjusting the microphone gain.I spent a year troubleshooting this problem. Brought about 1000USD worth of mics, headphones, external mics trying to eliminate a ground loop hum and ambient noise from being picked up by...
  10. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...