Windows 10: 3rd party program install setup issues

Discus and support 3rd party program install setup issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have been trying to install an update for a program I use on Windows 10. It's a mod organizer for a game, if that matter, but I don't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerekMarquart, Mar 5, 2019.

1. 3rd party program install setup issues

Hello.

I have been trying to install an update for a program I use on Windows 10. It's a mod organizer for a game, if that matter, but I don't think it does. For the previous two versions of the program, the update has not been an issue, but the current version does not install, and I get an error popup that doesn't seem to be from the programmers end, as I have contacted them and spoken with them about it.

The error reads:

Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to intialize.

I suspect that this has something to do with .Net Framework, and I have tried reinstallation, repair, and just plain disabling the Framework, all to no avail. I've tried all of the programmer's suggestions, including uninstalling his program and trying to reinstall, deleting the appdata and trying to reinstall, and the Framework reinstallation.

I am also getting a parser error when I reboot, from a program for a mouse I no longer use, and I get the same error trying to uninstall the program. I also suspect this has something to do with the same issue. That error reads:

Error parsing

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config

Parser returned error 0xC00CES09

I've tried Googling that error but haven't had any luck.

Any insight or help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

DerekMarquart, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Windows Defender

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Mar 5, 2019
  3. mic1217 Win User
    3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Mar 5, 2019
  4. 3rd party program install setup issues

Common 3rd party programs not installing on windows 10 (adobe reader, java)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Do you get any error message?

We suggest you to download the version which is compatible with Windows 10 from the Manufacturer website. We suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode:

Follow the steps to install the program in
    Compatibility mode.

• Download the updated program from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the
      Run this program in compatibility mode
      for: box.

• Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the program and check.
    If the issue still persist we suggest you to contact the Manufacturer.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

3rd party program install setup issues

1. 3rd party program install setup issues - Similar Threads - 3rd party program

2. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  3. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  4. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  5. Can not install 3rd party program

Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  6. Linking 3rd parties.

Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  7. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  8. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...
  9. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...
  10. 3rd party vpn issues on connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3rd party vpn issues on connecting: hi, at 1st i thought webroot was the cause of not connecting but after uninstalling it i still can't get zenguard/zenmate to connect, i have followed the instructions from here (The ZenMate VPN for Windows doesn't connect/work. What should I do? – ZenMate Support) but to no...