Windows 10: 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

Discus and support 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HelloI am facing a problem with Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded multiple 3rd party screen savers one at a time. When the screen saver starts while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex_4869, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Alex_4869 Win User

3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

HelloI am facing a problem with Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded multiple 3rd party screen savers one at a time. When the screen saver starts while I have 3 monitors connected to the computer, I notice that 3 copies of the screen saver starts, one for every screen. But when I move the mouse or click a button, 2 screen turns blank and the primary one still shows the screen saver. Going to task manager does not help as it opens behind the screen saver.What I had to do is to click alt - tab and move screen saver to a new desktop there I see there are 3 copies of it active, one on every scre

:)

Alex_4869, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Surgikill Win User

Monitors will not turn off/Screen saver won;t activate

Hi guys. I have been trying to get my monitors to shut off so I don't get a burn in on my screens. I can't seem to figure out what is causing them to stay on. I tried enabling a screen saver which won't turn on and I also tried making a keyboard shortcut to turn off the monitor with a cmd command. Whenever I use the shortcut the monitors go down for a second and then pop right back on. I read somewhere it could be my mouse or keyboard causing it to stay awake, but I don;t think this is the problem seeing as it was fine on windows 7. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!

Surgikill, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Screen Saver won't turn off

Hi Bodine,

There may be an issue with the screen saver settings that is why you cannot turn off your screen saver using your mouse or keyboard. To resolve this issue, kindly disable the screen saver, and then re-enable it. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • On the left pane, select Lock screen.
    • On the right pane, click Screen saver settings.
    • On the Screen Saver Settings window, click the drop-down menu under
      Screen saver and choose None.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Access the Screen Saver Settings window again.
    • On the Screen Saver Settings window, click the drop-down menu under
      Screen saver and choose the screen saver that you want.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Check if you'll be able to turn off the screen saver using your mouse or keyboard.
    After performing the steps above, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

1. 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected - Similar Threads - 3rd party screen

2. 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected: HelloI am facing a problem with Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded multiple 3rd party screen savers one at a time. When the screen saver starts while I have 3 monitors connected to the computer, I notice that 3 copies of the screen saver starts, one for every screen. But...
  3. 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected: HelloI am facing a problem with Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded multiple 3rd party screen savers one at a time. When the screen saver starts while I have 3 monitors connected to the computer, I notice that 3 copies of the screen saver starts, one for every screen. But...
  4. Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus: Basically the title, I was told that windows security doesn't even operate when you have a 3rd party anti virus installed. Is this true? I thought windows security and kaspersky for example worked back to back. Thanks :) Windows 20H2 179412
  5. can't turn off screen saver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't turn off screen saver: So I set the screen saver to none and pressed apply but the screen still turns off and locks after the time i set in the grayed box. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku77fj/cant_turn_off_screen_saver/
  6. Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF: I'm having this issue of my screen saver randomly turning off and I see that it's a problem that's been around for quite some time now. Is there any new information or workarounds on this issue? Are there any edits of the registry that can be done to keep the screen saver...
  7. Windows Defender won't turn off although I have 3rd party AV installed.

Windows Defender won't turn off although I have 3rd party AV installed.: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2. and all the windows updates are applied. I also have a 3rd party antivirus Heimdal Home Pro - Thor Vigilance. When I look in "Windows Security". I see that Windows defender is turned ON, and THOR Vigilance is turned OFF. When I try to...
  8. Screen saver turning off

Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  9. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....
  10. Screen Saver extended to multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Saver extended to multiple displays: Hello! I am running a dual monitor setup and wasn’t seem to figure out how to make my screen saver appear on both monitors. When my screen saver is enabled it shows on one monitor and not the other. Is there anyway to have it be displayed on both monitors WITHOUT changing my...