Windows 10: 3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke

Discus and support 3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So about a month ago I did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 after noticing my antivirus and firewall was not working. And when I went to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidGanney, Feb 5, 2020.

1. 3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke

So about a month ago I did a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 after noticing my antivirus and firewall was not working. And when I went to the security centre nothing was showing.

I reinstalled windows 10 and also installed McAfee Total Protection

All was working fine until today I noticed that my Mcafee had magically disappeared! It's still in the startup menu but the files are no longer in place so it does not run.

When I go to security settings, would you believe it, it's not loading... just a blank screen! Same issue I had before!

When i try to install mcafee again it will not run a virus scan

I cannot access any windows security settings and also windows will not perform any updates. It will freeze before giving me an error code. This is all exactly the same issues I had on the previous install

This is a business PC with a lot of valuable information on and I can't afford to keep reinstalling windows 10 every 4 weeks!

I've searched google but that seems to be broken too atm

I have used windows since 1995 and I've never had so many major problems like I'm having with it atm. I wish I knew how to use a mac!

How can anything control the removal of a security system and then break windows security in this day and age?

I must also say that this PC is used for web design and nothing else

:)

DavidGanney, Feb 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Feb 5, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke

1. 3rd Party Security Removed then Windows Security Broke - Similar Threads - 3rd Party Security

2. Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?: We're seeing Windows Defender and Palo Alto Cortex XDR fighting for resources on a number of our Windows Server instances......and noticed that "Cortex XDR" is not listed as a "provider" in Windows Security Center despite having been installed.clicking on "Manage providers"...
  3. Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server: no integration for 3rd party "providers" in "security center"?: We're seeing Windows Defender and Palo Alto Cortex XDR fighting for resources on a number of our Windows Server instances......and noticed that "Cortex XDR" is not listed as a "provider" in Windows Security Center despite having been installed.clicking on "Manage providers"...
  4. Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.: I have a user who was on a Mac, and had installed Free Flowchart, which appears to be malicious. Unable to remove from the Mac.Provisioned a ThinkPad with Windows installed, and when signed into G Drive, opening files sometimes redirects to the site to download the app again....
  5. Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.: I have a user who was on a Mac, and had installed Free Flowchart, which appears to be malicious. Unable to remove from the Mac.Provisioned a ThinkPad with Windows installed, and when signed into G Drive, opening files sometimes redirects to the site to download the app again....
  6. Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus: Basically the title, I was told that windows security doesn't even operate when you have a 3rd party anti virus installed. Is this true? I thought windows security and kaspersky for example worked back to back. Thanks :) Windows 20H2 179412
  8. Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus

Windows security and 3rd-party antivirus: Hi I have a problem with Windows Security, it doesn't working. I have NOD32 antivirus installed on my pc and everything worked great till now. I didn't do anything special with the pc, only restarts the pc and the issue started. At the beginning the pc run into safe mode...
  9. Which 3rd party tools allow Security Updates but block Feature Upgrds?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which 3rd party tools allow Security Updates but block Feature Upgrds?: As well known by default Win10 allows only to defer Feature Updates but not to block them (forever). However there are some 3rd party tools which allow to block them anyway e.g. - StopWinUpdates - Wu10Man - StopUpdates10 - Sordum Update Blocker - Windows Update MiniTools -...
  10. Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security

Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security: After accidentally updating to Windows 10 (If you want to know, I was trying to set it up to install a month or so later, but accidentally clicked the "install now" option. It must have been downloading in the background as, half an hour later, my computer restarts and began...