Windows 10: 3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system?

Discus and support 3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. Two hard disks: one for the OS and one for the data. I had created an image of C on my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by elTopo, May 4, 2021.

1. elTopo Win User

3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system?

Hello everyone. I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. Two hard disks: one for the OS and one for the data. I had created an image of C on my second hard disk, using the incorporated Windows 7 image backup service. To my experience, the Windows 7 image backup, incorporated in Windows 10, is problematic. Often, Windows cannot locate the image, even though it's right there for everyone to see. I had (and have) exactly the same problem with my laptop. I have contacted Windows Support and they weren't able to help me out, in a tiresome troubleshooting process of having to update once again, etc etc. I remember 20 years back, Norton Ghost would arrange everything nice and easy, in the blink of an eye. Why MS can't get it right, after all this time, is beyond me. In the year 2021 it should be a question of drag and drop. Either way, I'm going to re-install Windows 10 and this time get an image of my clean system using some 3rd party software. I would appreciate advice for any good freeware for creating an image. Thanks

:)

elTopo, May 4, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

I used to use Acronis religiously. But Macrium does everything Acronis does, and is far lighter on resources.
    Acronis does have an easier GUI, but Macrium only has one Service and three Processes that only use 8MB of RAM.

After I got used to Macrium... it's really no contest.

/edit

And if you ever decide to uninstall Macrium, you don't need a pick and shovel to do it... like you do with Acronis. *Biggrin

This is pretty much all you need to do to make a full OS image backup... and it runs very fast.

3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system? [​IMG]

And this is the bootable version... I especially love the things shown by the black arrows.

3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system? [​IMG]

If you want to see ALL the details, here's the User Guide...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...k036dxmurQJW-H

Ghot, May 4, 2021
  3. elTopo Win User

Hello everyone.

I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. Two hard disks: one for the OS and one for the data. I had created an image of C on my second hard disk, using the incorporated Windows 7 image backup service.

To my experience, the Windows 7 image backup, incorporated in Windows 10, is problematic. Often, Windows cannot locate the image, even though it's right there for everyone to see. I had (and have) exactly the same problem with my laptop.

I have contacted Windows Support and they weren't able to help me out, in a tiresome troubleshooting process of having to update once again, etc etc.

I remember 20 years back, Norton Ghost would arrange everything nice and easy, in the blink of an eye. Why MS can't get it right, after all this time, is beyond me. In the year 2021 it should be a question of drag and drop.

Either way, I'm going to re-install Windows 10 and this time get an image of my clean system using some 3rd party software.

I would appreciate advice for any good freeware for creating an image.

Thanks

elTopo, May 4, 2021
  4. 3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system?

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Here's the site tutorial for Macrium.

It's long, quite detailed and possibly intimidating.

The fact is, you can create a full image of your boot drive with perhaps 8 mouse clicks, accepting all Macrium defaults.

Do that first.

Then second, create the "recovery media" from Macrium menus, using an ordinary USB flash drive of at least 1 GB size.

Then third, confirm that the recovery media will actually boot your PC.

If you can get that far, you have a 99 percent chance of being able to recover from a disaster via an image restoration.

You'd likely need further assistance on the image restoration details, but you can get that here on this forum if you have at least completed the above 3 steps.

ignatzatsonic, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. 3rd party software for creating a backup image of my system? - Similar Threads - 3rd party software

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  5. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  8. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  9. Install 3rd Party Software

Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  10. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....