Windows 10: 3rd party utilities

Discus and support 3rd party utilities in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mxyz, Jun 6, 2019.

1. mxyz Win User

3rd party utilities

A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a difference in my computer's functioning although it did feel good to see all the stuff being cleaned. After the phone call I uninstalled ccleaner and stopped using it. Once again I didn't notice any difference in function. I have 2 questions: Do computer savvy people use these types of utilities and do they actually make a difference. Thanks

:)

mxyz, Jun 6, 2019
  2. RolandJS Win User

3rd Party Utilities

Are you by chance running a 3rd party utilities that helps with "safely removing attached devices," and/or "cd-dvd EZ-kwik ejection"?
    Reason for asking: Some time ago, I ran such utilities for a couple of days, my hard-drives also showed up as "removable," so I removed the utilities. No more problem.

RolandJS, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Redwolf Win User
    3rd Party Utilities

No I'm not using any 3rd party utilities. I think this problem stemmed from when I used the Samsung Magician software, and it created a partition I didn't really ask for. I didn't initially have the problem on Windows 7 pro but then it mysteriously appeared, which is exactly what happened on Windows 10 pro.

Redwolf, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

3rd party utilities

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

3rd party utilities

1. 3rd party utilities - Similar Threads - 3rd party utilities

2. Any 3rd Party Utility to read Windows System Image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 3rd Party Utility to read Windows System Image?: I have created Windows System Image via 'Win 7 Backup Feature' on Windows 11, but I cannot recover the image because Windows cannot find the image.Is there any 3rd party to read the image inside?I tried wbadmin command, but I cannot read or find the backup image....
  3. Any 3rd Party Utility to read Windows System Image?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any 3rd Party Utility to read Windows System Image?: I have created Windows System Image via 'Win 7 Backup Feature' on Windows 11, but I cannot recover the image because Windows cannot find the image.Is there any 3rd party to read the image inside?I tried wbadmin command, but I cannot read or find the backup image....
  4. Utilizing a 3rd-Party Text-to-speech module

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Utilizing a 3rd-Party Text-to-speech module: People of the Microsoft community,I downloaded a Text-to-speech voice from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fFo3IkM0c, link in video description and pinned comment. The file I received was a .tts file. The problem is, I don't know what to do with it. I was advised in a...
  5. Utilizing a 3rd-Party Text-to-speech module

Utilizing a 3rd-Party Text-to-speech module: People of the Microsoft community,I downloaded a Text-to-speech voice from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fFo3IkM0c, link in video description and pinned comment. The file I received was a .tts file. The problem is, I don't know what to do with it. I was advised in a...
  6. Utilizing a 3rd-Party Text-to-speech module

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Linking 3rd parties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  8. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  9. Linking 3rd parties.

10. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3rd party utilities

2. 3rd party utilities windows