Windows 10: 3tb hard drive showing up as 2

Discus and support 3tb hard drive showing up as 2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently had to redownload windows 10 because it wasnt booting, my 3tb hard drive was only showing up as 2tb, i ignored it for a while but now i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Verified.1, Jul 7, 2020.

1. 3tb hard drive showing up as 2

i recently had to redownload windows 10 because it wasnt booting, my 3tb hard drive was only showing up as 2tb, i ignored it for a while but now i am running low on storage how do i get my extra tb?

:)

Verified.1, Jul 7, 2020

2. 3TB Drive showing as 746GB

Hello all. I have been searching and trying various things and can get nothing to work. All last week and starting this week I have been testing various hard drives through a dock. Last week I tested multiple 2TB drives, a few 3TB drives and one 4TB drive.

Windows would pick them all up just fine. Now, the last two Seagate 3TB drives that I have docked, are only showing as 746GB. I have installed the latest Intel RST drivers and double checked to see what the drives are formated as. (GPT)

In SeaTools the drive is showing up and is actually showing as 3TB with 2.73 usable. The only other thing worth noting is that prior to me having this drive it was setup in RAID, in a Drobo.

Ideas?

satindemon4u, Jul 7, 2020
  3. MN12BIRD Win User
    Case of the Disappearing 3TB Hard Drives...

Okay, this one has me stumped!

I have a customers PC here. It's a custom built (but older) Intel Core 2 Quad with NForce 750 SLi chipset.

He has 3 Hard Drives in total. The 750GB Hitachi that the OS (Windows 7 64bit) is running off. There's a 2nd 3TB Seatage inside the system and a 3rd EXTERNAL WD 3TB USB 3.0 drive. Both 3TB Hard Drives are split into 2 ~1.5TB partitions and none have system files on them, they're strictly storage drives.

Here's the strange part.

Every darn day it seems when the system is reset the partitions on the 3TB Hard Drives are damaged in someway. They no longer are mounted and if you check them in disk management they show up as RAW and nothing I try in Windows seems to fix them.

I have a linux boot disk that has a partition program on there that will repair them. I can repair them, reset and boot back into Windows and they're there again. They seem to work fine all day until the next day when I turn the computer back on again and low and behold they're damanged/gone again!

This never happens to the 750GB drive that has Windows on it but it always keeps happening to both the internal and external 3TB Hard Drives. Both these 3TB drives pass their respective manufactures long tests.

Any help would be great.

MN12BIRD, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Grownman Win User

3tb hard drive showing up as 2

Win 7 showing 746gb for 3tb drive?

I recently purchased a WD 3TB green internal hardrive for backups. Upon booting into windows, the drive only shows 746gb's.

I've already gone into device manager and updated the Nforce Serial ATA and the bios shows 3000. (I assume that is for the 3tb's?)

I am not trying to install windows on the drive, but just use it as another drive for backup needs.
    I have tried to go to disk management and format the drive but it will not allow me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Backup - WD 2TB Black
    Backup - External WD 2TB elements
    *Backup - WD 3TB Green

Grownman, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

3tb hard drive showing up as 2

1. 3tb hard drive showing up as 2 - Similar Threads - 3tb hard drive

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  9. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive not showing up: my win 10 broke so i decided to reinstall win 10 by usb. before my win 10 broke it would show up that i had two drives now it doesn't. if i check disk management it on shows that i have only one drive submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...