Windows 10: 4-1-2021 MY MAIN PC CRASHED ONE OR TWO DAYS AFTER AN UPDATE.

Discus and support 4-1-2021 MY MAIN PC CRASHED ONE OR TWO DAYS AFTER AN UPDATE. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I HAD BEEN SEARCHING FOR MY 2019 INCOME TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT WHICH I HAD SAVED TO MY TAX FOLDER 7/14/2020 I had attempted to file my tax return for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jerry James, Apr 2, 2021.

1. 4-1-2021 MY MAIN PC CRASHED ONE OR TWO DAYS AFTER AN UPDATE.

I HAD BEEN SEARCHING FOR MY 2019 INCOME TAX RETURN TRANSCRIPT WHICH I HAD SAVED TO MY TAX FOLDER 7/14/2020 I had attempted to file my tax return for the year 2020 online and received a dialog box of rejected for both federal and state returns. While I was in the process of resolving the problem; I discovered that the IRS record did not have a record of my filing for 2019. I had followed the instructions of my 1040NOW online service, checking back on the IRS web site and the record showed the 2019 filing had been received and approved I had printed the 1040 Form but I had decided it was not necessary to print the transcript because I had saved it in my 2019 tax folder. I finally located the transcript file on the IRS website, printed and saved the file again in two different folders. When I attempted to view the transcript; I was unable to see a file in any folder and a Windows search also provided no results. I was finally able to locate the file using the old wildcard method but I could not open the transcript. I learned that the file extension was different from the Html extension that I thought I had saved. I was in the process of getting a "Chrome Office" extension to be able to open the file when my PC crashed. Rebooting the PC two times allowed Windows 10 to boot up again. However, it crashed again this for keeps before I could perform a backup of the OS. I have been working for several days and nights trying to resolve the issue of file: \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi

status: Oxc000000f info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application missing or corrupt.

I attempted to copy and paste a working "windload.efi file" but no joy. That would have worked 20 years ago. I gave myself all of the necessary permissions but my PC still will not boot ofter performing all of the DELL restore instructions. I really need that Samsung SSD working again. Everything has come to a standstill. The drive tests good but it not where it is supposed to be indexed??

:)

Jerry James, Apr 2, 2021

2. Gta 4 crashing constantly

Sup everyone, i seem to be having a very annoying problem. I purchased gta 4 recently and i installed it and it runs quite well, my system is listed in my specs. The problem with the game, is that about +/- 5 minutes of playing, the screen gets funny coloured squares and my whole pc crashes. I have xp sp3 installed. I have tried numerous things like clocking my cpu back to stock but to no avail. My pc is not overheating, thats for sure, i dunno. My mate just told me that it might just be a bug, but it seems strange that i bug in the game would cause my whole pc to crash. Any suggestions?

BradleyKZN, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Apr 2, 2021
  4. 4-1-2021 MY MAIN PC CRASHED ONE OR TWO DAYS AFTER AN UPDATE.

Explorer / This PC right click doesn't work (crashes)

Hi Likhitha V,

I've done your steps but still having the same problem.

Windows updates:

• There was only 1 outlook update pending, which was installed.
    • The autoupdates option is already selected.

Safe Mode:

• I opened Safe Mode in options 4 & 5 and the same crash occurs in both options.

Regards.

AstoriaBoro, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

4-1-2021 MY MAIN PC CRASHED ONE OR TWO DAYS AFTER AN UPDATE.

1. 4-1-2021 MY MAIN PC CRASHED ONE OR TWO DAYS AFTER AN UPDATE. - Similar Threads - 2021 MAIN CRASHED

2. Solidworks 2021 Crashing after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solidworks 2021 Crashing after Update: Hello. I had been using windows 11 to run solidworks 2021 with no problems since September 2022 until my computer automatically updated either update KB5019980 or KB5007297 on November 9th or 10th.I don't want to be that guy blaming the update, but i've done enough...
  3. Two BSODs in one day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two BSODs in one day: I have had two separate BSOD's, one was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed was win32kfull.sys.The other one said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and did not say what failed. I have the bug check for the second BSOD. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffc88628a1a080,...
  4. Two BSODs in one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two BSODs in one day: I have had two separate BSOD's, one was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed was win32kfull.sys.The other one said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and did not say what failed. I have the bug check for the second BSOD. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffc88628a1a080,...
  5. Two BSODs in one day

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. 4 BSOD in 1 day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 BSOD in 1 day: Hello,Can someone please help me to identify what is happening. i got 4 BSOD in 1 day while gaming. I have saved the .DMP files here. Please help.This is my 3rd attempti have installed new version of windowsi have created different user profilesi have run the Memtest 86i have...
  7. PC constantly crashes one a day, maybe two and sometimes it frezzes.

PC constantly crashes one a day, maybe two and sometimes it frezzes.: Everyday , before I get a BSOD, my PC stars being slow and unresponsive stutters and frezzes and after the imminent Blue Screen of Death starts to show. My PC specs are: OS: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Bios Version: F10i...
  8. Why 1% drop on sdd in crystaldiskinfo after 4 days?

Why 1% drop on sdd in crystaldiskinfo after 4 days?: Why 1% drop on sdd in crystaldiskinfo after 4 days? should I be a concern? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-1-drop-on-sdd-in-crystaldiskinfo-after-4-days/30b4843f-49cd-402e-8ea2-ca70d38e64cf
  9. I usually have two screens to my PC, but after an windows update to day there is only one...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I usually have two screens to my PC, but after an windows update to day there is only one...: Its the one thats connected analog that works? How can I connect the other one again Anna MArie? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-usually-have-two-screens-to-my-pc-but-after-an/94a57872-e979-4716-9c30-9ed8aff363e5
  10. Two BSOD in one day

Two BSOD in one day: I got two BSODs today. The latest one is about `IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL`, the previous is something about a page fault (don't remember the actual error code). I am getting quite a lot of BSODs recent weeks, but I only have minidumps for the last two BSODs. See...